Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I had a big agrument with one of my co workers regarding wether Pitbulls should be banned or not and never with kids. I argued that its not the breed its the owners and if socialized when a pup with kids it should be ok. I'm just supporting the Pitbull breed due to some areas of state are trying to banned them. What are your opions???

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Tora is an AB but that is close enough to a PB. She is great with kids, she actually lOOOOOOOOOOOOOOves kids. I took her to my parents house where my nieces and nephews are and she had a blast. She followed my 10 month old nephew around and watched him like a hawk. It is really cute. The neighborhood kids all love her and she loves them. She will whine until they come up and pet her

·
Registered
886 Posts
my pit bull loves kids, people, everyone. He is only 10 months old so i havent been able to stop him from trying to pull me to people yet, so i think it could scare some people. The reason i am carefull around kids is because he is so playfull i worry about him jumping on the kids and hurting them that way. Also i have taken him to obedience classes and socialized him a lot, that makes a difference normally.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I have owned two pits in the past which have since passed but they were GREAT with my kids
Nothing but kisses

I now own an american bulldog who is also GREAT with my kids again he will kill you with his kisses........lol

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Since a picture is worth a 1000 words I'll post some.

These girls are pit bulls, Sadie:

Sadie was just about to go in for the kiss here

Spooky:

This is Jazmine, who is an american bulldog. In some pit bull bans the AB is included:

My dogs let kids do anything to them (not that I would let them do anything bad) and would chew off their own leg before hurting a child.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Both of my dogs are good with kids, despite not being socialized extensively with them. Bella (pit bull) is a little too energetic and enthusiastic, so she tends to topple kids over when she tries to kiss them on the face! Remy (pit bull mix) is a total sweetheart to kids and is very gentle.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Yup, he's about to tear Jadyne's face off: :roll: (note the sarcasm)

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Yes Apbt's are great with kids! They love kids and can take the ear pulling, tail grabbing that kids sometimes dish out b/c of their high pain tolerence. My family has always owned Apbt's since before I could remember. Just teach your kids safely how to play with dogs and they will be fine!

·
Registered
465 Posts
My two are great with small children they love playing with all the little from my block everytime one comes to the door they get mauled with kisses> My little girl has tea party's with them also and they just sit down and get tea and cookies it looks so funny seeing them just chillin waiting for the next cookie :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.