Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that show their dogs taking some bites on a suit or sleeve?

Likewise are you influenced by titles and/or pedigrees? Does one hold more value than the other?

Do good dogs really come from unproven lines? What do you do to select your next working prospect?

8)

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
" Are you impressed by websites......
that show their dogs taking some bites on a suit or sleeve? "
no.

"Do good dogs really come from unproven lines? What do you do to select your next working prospect? "
yes and test the litter i am interested in

"Likewise are you influenced by titles and/or pedigrees? Does one hold more value than the other? "

somewhat and no

i am impressed by a dog when i watch it earn a title and know it deserves that title. i am more impressed in watching a dog on a training field, much more can be learned about a dog on the training field than will ever be seen at a trial. alot of shytty dogs have titles

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
bigut64 said:
wrknrott said:
Are you impressed by websites......
Like the picture in your avatar.... No
:diabloanifire:

Flame On

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
attitude said:
i am impressed by a dog when i watch it earn a title and know it deserves that title. i am more impressed in watching a dog on a training field, much more can be learned about a dog on the training field than will ever be seen at a trial. alot of shytty dogs have titles
I agree that the best way to learn something about a dog is to watch training and the best way to see those results is watching the dog trial on an unfamiliar field. Watching a dog trial on it's home field just doesn't show me what I'm looking for.... too many issues can be covered up!

This is why website show nothing and word of mouth to an untrained ear is also nothing.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bigut64 said:
wrknrott said:
Are you impressed by websites......
Like the picture in your avatar.... No
LOL.... Ya, just don't remember where I found that one! Just seemed like it fit or something....... :?

8)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jemhidiahssj4 said:
This ought to get interesting. Always trying to start ** I almost cursed ** arnt ya lol
Come on now..... whats wrong with a little sh!t once in a while. Seriously though, I think there are many people that are influenced by what they see and hear. And being that there seems to be many novice enthusiasts on this site... I think that discussing what has validity and what doesn't in working dogs may help someone that is willing to receive help. :wink:

And I'm still working on my post count.... LOL.

8)

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
wrknrott said:
I agree that the best way to learn something about a dog is to watch training and the best way to see those results is watching the dog trial on an unfamiliar field. Watching a dog trial on it's home field just doesn't show me what I'm looking for.... too many issues can be covered up!

This is why website show nothing and word of mouth to an untrained ear is also nothing.
anybody, if they try hard enough, can get a few good pick of a dog to put on a website, means nuthin to see pictures. and people will shovel so much crap on the phone or the net that i don't even know why you would use them (cept maybe to ask direction to buddy's kennel) i could go out tomorrow and snap pics of a toy poodle that would have some people believin the dog was a sch 1, don't mean diddly. show you some impressive pics of a neo too, does that mean the dog can work? nope.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ok how about you show us a site of a AB breeder that you know can back up there talk and you would personally get a dog from. Or is it your point that all breeders with websites are a crock of $hit. "Seriously though, I think there are many people that are influenced by what they see and hear." How exactally do you pick the good from bad, TOUCH, SMELL, TASTE OR YOUR 6th SENCE. LOL Before you get up in arms this is meant to be sarcasm. Where am i to go to get a quality working performance type AB? Please WRKNROTT inform me!!!!

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Do you mean like Peter's website?

http://wachhunde.tripod.com/id15.html

No, I'm not too impressed by it. Actually, I don't think his dogs have any high titles so I don't trust him as a breeder either, according to this train of thought.

However, I do feel confident that his pups would be athletic dogs. Besides that? I mean, there's no culling, no big titles. So no, not impressed. By looking at pics, I can see the dogs have potential though. Just like looking at any pics.

·
Registered
790 Posts
website impress me?
NO. However, I wish I was better at it. As a tool to research about a dog or kennel and especially looking for a dog, it is ABSOLUTELY USELESS. It is cool to show off to friends and family. That is about it.

Impressed with titles? Does any hold more value?
I do hold PSA titles more than sch and ring FOR WHAT I WANT IN MY A DOG. Courage and nerves and to a certain degree functionality.
I hold sch title in esteem for the control it has. The sheer beauty. I think it is a beautiful sport. What it teaches the handler and what it teaches you. I like the fixation with the grips. NO, I love it!
Ring, I like the suit work. No better suit decoys than ones trained in ring. I like malinois.
Saying all those things, who knows. You have to work the dog. I really don't care about the titles, although getting there would be fun. What I DO care about is the friends I meet along the way, the sense of accomplishment I get.

Do good dogs come from unproven lines?
Yes, but is would be easier to win the lottery. Rare. Like buying a fantastic workin DDB. Just kidding. :lol:
Like I always said. You go to guys who have WON and play in the field you want to play for your dog. It is like this. I would buy a dog from a guy who has excelled in that sport. I would not go to a sch kennel to get a psa dog. I would not get a psa dog for sch. Different sport, different requirements.

What do I do to select my next prospect?
I see what my bitch does and how far she gets in her career. I am almost sure what she throws with one particular lines I like.
Otherwise, since I play in PSA and since I work ABs, I would go to Lucillano Oliva, again. No brainer there.
If I was to go for schutzhund, I would seek out Al Banuelos or get a son off Coal sch III AB. No brainer.
If I wanted to really do well in ring, I would get a malinois from a FRIII both titled parents. No brainer.

You know, it is such a small world. The working guys, I do believe they WANT to give you great dogs, because they know they will be worked. In the end, I make friends with people with character (and some are true characters. LOL!), integrity and honesty.

·
Registered
790 Posts
redbull.....

I am the FIRST to say I am not a breeder of ANY quality. So, calling me a breeder is inaccurate.

Second, this is not a website to sell dogs. It is a hobby website, like you advertising your BUG eyed mix dogs you want to say is a new breed. :wink:

Third, high titles. So, can you tell me if Q, Bruno, Turbo, Koa. These are bulldogs that I KNOW to be the BEST, the absolute BEST in ABs. Tell me, smartguy, how come they don't have sch III or ring III. Hell, they barely got their BST!!!!!!!!
Tell me how many ABs got BSTs in the last few years. It is better than 99.9% of ABs can ever dream of, my friend.

When did I EVER say high titles (you quoted it is my train of thought) mean anything to me for my kind of dog?????????

Buddy, my field is OPEN to anyone who wants to work my dogs. ANYBODY, anywhere. Just show up and you can see for yourself, if you don't crap your pants. THEN, you will know why they are NOT high titled.......if you know dogs. I REITERATE. OPEN.

No culling? How do you know? Are you my mom? Guys like you want working dogs, talk about working dogs but you end up with bulgy eyed giant boston terrier you mixed up and pass on as a NEW breed. Great. No, I am not impressed.
Now, you know how I tested my ONE litter I have ever had. I think you said shooting off a starter pistol in the house was sooooooo cruel. :cry:
Well, it is pass or fail. Simple.

Potential for what?????? I am the FIRST to say my dogs are not ring III level. No, they are NOT compliant. They want to kill the decoy. That causes some problems, since they do not want to "dances with the decoy". Sorry, I dont' have soft controllable dogs. Buddy, do you know what stuff I am playing with?????? Ask around internet guy.

If I wanted to title dogs, I would own a malinois from Ot vitosha, not play around American bulldogs with dogs off Q and Blockhead Block. MONSTERS that barely got their BST. Yes, monsters. Maybe you consider Turbo a mediocre dog. hmmmmmm.

So tell me smart guy......how many ABs have titled in PSA III? ZERO in history!!!! How many even got a psa 1? about 5 or 8 in the history of the sport and almost all by one guy, Lucillano Oliva who is a JUDGE for PSA. I am not is his league. I know that. Perhaps, you can ask him what he thinks of Chucky and Ice. hmmmmmm.
So tell me how many ABs have high titles in french ring????? 1. that was oden. And if the rules are what it is now, he would not have gotten it. Nevertheless, a fantatic dog by all accounts.

Dude, I am not here to impress you. Why? Guys like you come and go. You show up once on the field and say it is too diffucult and never show up again, always some excuses, usually about distance or some bullshit. I traveled 16 hours each way. 32 hours every two week at one point to train with the boys in California. I travel 2 hours to train with my club. NO, you make time, if you want to WORK your dogs.

Funny how a guy WHO HAS NEVER EVER WORKED A DOG knows so much about working dogs.

Do me a favor....................stop trying to pick up chicks on the dog sites and just train your dog.

PS. my cousins and my bro in Taiwan thought my website was cool. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jemhidiahssj4 said:
Ok how about you show us a site of a AB breeder that you know can back up there talk and you would personally get a dog from. Or is it your point that all breeders with websites are a crock of $hit. "Seriously though, I think there are many people that are influenced by what they see and hear." How exactally do you pick the good from bad, TOUCH, SMELL, TASTE OR YOUR 6th SENCE. LOL Before you get up in arms this is meant to be sarcasm. Where am i to go to get a quality working performance type AB? Please WRKNROTT inform me!!!!
I don't look at websites for any other purposes than to look at the type dog they are producing, then if I like the type I look at what they are doing (type of work) and if that fits my goals then I research their dogs, first looking for titles and scores if available, what field/club was the title earned, then what clubs they are training with, then ask around for any info (someone that has had a personal experience).... if I can find no first hand information, then there is probably a reason. If I'm still really interested (good feeling based on personal experience) I will visit the club to see the dog being worked, I will ask questions of the other club members while the dog/handler is on the field (just looking for some BS) :wink: I'll talk with the decoy.... if I feel that I'm being fed a line of crap or someone is taking offense to my questions IMO there is something to hide. If agreeable I will work/test the dog myself... never travel without my gear :oops:

If some of these options are not feasible for the interested party... get off the internet and get involved in a club SchH, Ring, PSA whatever ask questions and learn, make friends and contacts! When I started I went to a club for a year and a half every club training day without a dog... never missed! Why? Because I didn't want to get a POS dog that someone said was this and that. I was coming from PP to SchH... a whole new ballgame. I was a novice in SchH and I wanted to know!

By the time I got my first SchH prospect Rottweiler, I had personally worked both parents and spoke with other decoys & training directors about what they seen compared to what I was seeing... I was able to take my first Rottweiler from zero to a SchH III (owner handler trained) and we could go to any field and be pronounced in protection... reality of it was sometimes other phases weren't so good, but all part of the learning curve. Rather have some sloppy OB than to see my dog ran.... LOL.

Bottom line... if you just want to dream about it and talk this dog, that breed, he said, she said, then you'll just keep dreaming..... get involved!

8)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
redbull said:
No, I'm not too impressed by it. Actually, I don't think his dogs have any high titles so I don't trust him as a breeder either, according to this train of thought.
However, I do feel confident that his pups would be athletic dogs. Besides that? I mean, there's no culling, no big titles. So no, not impressed. By looking at pics, I can see the dogs have potential though. Just like looking at any pics.
You can see that? Potential to do what? Bite? Have puppies? What?

You can't tell sh!t about Peters or anyone elses dogs from a website! You sure can tell what Peters interest is though......

·
Registered
790 Posts
working rott "You sure can tell what Peters interest is though......"

How did you find out, I love to sew and make jackets for chihuahuas????????? Who told you?????? I can't keep anything a secret! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sewing and dancing is my LIFE! 8)
Trying to reach the sensitive side of my being. Loving and giving. One with the universe. New Age. LOL.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PeterC said:
working rott "You sure can tell what Peters interest is though......"

How did you find out, I love to sew and make jackets for chihuahuas????????? Who told you?????? I can't keep anything a secret! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sewing and dancing is my LIFE! 8)
Trying to reach the sensitive side of my being. Loving and giving. One with the universe. New Age. LOL.
Ya Bro.... your website is just to transparent, everyone going to figure you out now! You need more smoke and mirrors.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

8)

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Jemhidiahssj4 said:
good working ab ... http://souzasamericanbulldogs.com/
personally have seen koa, matais, rougue, noah, cash plus quite a few others work. one of the most titled and title producing breeders out there. but hey, DON'T take my word for it, please, check them out for yourself!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.