Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I´ve seen a couple of AST/APBT -AMB crossbreeds and I m thinking of getting one, does anybody here have one? (Please post url or pics!!). What about the temperament? Is it possible to say anything? (Yeah I know when it’s a mutt you never can tell….) Is it like a general bullbreed? Or, given that its 50-50 mix does anybody have the experience that one overrides the other? Or is it hole new personality? (For instance my little girl is 75 AST/APBT and 25 rott but there is nothing in her temperament that’s considered rott). And what about average size?

thanks
bo

·
Registered
720 Posts
Nobody can answer these questions for you. It all depends on what was bread to what...for example you can breed a cur pit to a johnson type ambull and then you could breed a game pit to a scott type or any other kind of combo and have a compleatly different dog.

What are you looking for in a dog? Do you just want a pet or do you want a working dog?

Gel over on truegrit has crossed them when he first started his breeding program and I believe one of his first dogs was 1/2 and 1/2 named Felony and he was a bad son of a b**ch!

·
Registered
626 Posts
like ambull said-there are many types in both breeds and the outcome will varry alot.many people dont know the differance between an apbt and a performance bred ab.they are bred togather alot without the byb-er even knowing what they are doing.then there are people using this cross for working dogs or for something thats just different.some have added black pits to ab lines just for color.the size will varry 50lb-125lb...good luck..rs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.