Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok....we got Adalia's full vaccination and check up at the vet today but she also sent home distemper/parvovirus vaccines for my two outdoor doggies and i've never given them before. I did everything she told me too and everything went fine until Bear--my male mix--decided that he had enough and pulled away from me. about half of the vaccine got wasted onto the ground and the other half he got... WHAT should I DO :?: give him another shot? or take HIM to the vet? 8-[ Im soo worried that this virus is gonna take all my babies from me Im getting really paranoid. ANY help is very much appreciated.
(and YES i have taken all precautions forementioned from bleach to not even letting my new pup walk out the same side of the house that my other dogs are on) [-o<

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Call the vet. He may want you to give it to the dog again in a few weeks. I'm not sure tho. When in doubt call.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I always give my dogs there shots myself. But what you do is just wait for about a week and you can go buy the vaccines your self and give it to him again but this time have some one to help you keep him still and administer it. The regular vet is very expensive on sundays at petco here a local vet goes in to the petco stores and give services at a very low cost.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Before you revaccinate, I have a few questions.

1. How old are the dogs?
2. How many times have they been vaccinated in the past?
3. Is there any way you can estimate how much of the vaccine you were able to administer? (i.e. .5cc, .25cc, less than .25cc...don't know)

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they are 11 months old and have been vaccinated only once before....the vet said if they were older then she would not vaccinate but since they were this age she sent me home with those shots...... The thing is there seems to be something going on around here and no one is sure what it is.

And since Addie has been vaccinated should I be worried about her getting infected as well?
I take her everywhere with me and try tokeep her inside and away from other dogs as much as possible but where do I draw the line between safety and outright PARANOIA? Im at my moms right now with her and I won't even let her go out and play cause of my mom's UNvaccinated puppies......i want to run close all the doors and windows and hide from it all :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Just curious as to what is going around?What do your dogs have if you don't mind me asking ?
I know I read something a few months back about dogs getting some kind of a disease but for the life of me I cant remember were I read it or what it was caused by but it was serious.Hmmmm I will get back to you on this if I can find anything out.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Rachel Zugg said:
they are 11 months old and have been vaccinated only once before....the vet said if they were older then she would not vaccinate but since they were this age she sent me home with those shots...... The thing is there seems to be something going on around here and no one is sure what it is.

And since Addie has been vaccinated should I be worried about her getting infected as well?
I take her everywhere with me and try tokeep her inside and away from other dogs as much as possible but where do I draw the line between safety and outright PARANOIA? Im at my moms right now with her and I won't even let her go out and play cause of my mom's UNvaccinated puppies......i want to run close all the doors and windows and hide from it all :cry: :cry:
Get another shot! And as for your question about Addie, vaccines are not 100%. Nothing is! Ther only thing you can do is keep them on an annual vaccination schedule and stick to it! Get the works each year if they are outside pets. If you vaccinate March 10th 2006 then take them back the week of March 10th 2007! I wish you and your pets the best of luck!~Vonna

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks...

[/Just curious as to what is going around?What do your dogs have if you don't mind me asking ?
I know I read something a few months back about dogs getting some kind of a disease but for the life of me I cant remember were I read it or what it was caused by but it was serious.Hmmmm I will get back to you on this if I can find anything out.]

my dogs don't have anythingyet..... we had one pass away from what our new vet now says sounded like parvo. im just trying to prevent my other dogs from getting sick. as for my mom's dogs, I don't know. Im not taking my girl back over there tho. I think it came from the neighbor's hunting dogs. they are always chewing on animal parts over there... :-&

the 1 dog over there acts like it doesnt know where what who or how.... its all confused like. other than that it gets around like nothing is wrong

1 - 10 of 10 Posts