Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
some dogs can pass stuff like that and others cant.

Some other people on here know some things you can give him that will coat the sock in order for it to pass better

Signs of a blockage to look for (this is when he cant pass it): Throwing up his food not too long after he eats it; not as playful; sleepings more; his poo is getting soft and eventually not pooping at all

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Kate had ate a whole pair of underwear once. I didn't know it. She was throwing up for a week solid before she decided it was time for the underwear to come up on the drive from NY to Iowa. but they had definitly caused blockage from the stomache to the intestine, I'm just lucky they didnt get into the intestine

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I'm glad you caught it before it got toooo serious. I'm sorry he had to have surgery though.

One thing to keep in mind, if you know he eats something that will be very hard to digest, within 24 hours of him eating it... You can give him hydrogen peroxide with make him throw up.

I had to do this once with Kate when she ate a batting glove. Everything I read said give 1 tablespoon per 10 lbs. That would have been 6 tablespoons!!! Which I thought was way too much. So I mixed 3 tablespoons Hydrogen peroxide with 3 tablespoons water and put it in her mouth little bits at a time. Hung out outside with her and about 5 min later she started throwing up and eventually threw up the whole batting glove.

One reason I only gave her three tablespoons also is because you want to make sure they throw up all of the hydrogen peroxide so it does not stay in their body

1 - 3 of 3 Posts