Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all....Yes Athena is MINE!!!! LOL...she is 16 weeks and weighs in at 44.8 lbs right now. The sad expression is cause she is severely sick..but we are nursing her back to health!!! She had severe worms when we got her. After we cured that she was infected in different areas cause of how long this poor girl had the worms...so her intestines are not doing well. She was very weak and quiet so we brought her in the day after the playdate with Chapps and Holly. She had to stay with the vet all day for an IV...she was dehydrated despite the fact she was still drinking and peeing everywhere. He gave her so IV fluid and antibiotics and she came home with 3 different medications to help fight off some breathing problems, to repair her intestinal tract and something to help her digestive ensymes.....300 bucks LATER!!! Now this morning Brooklyn is throwing up everywhere...not sure why. She even willingly got into a crate after 2 years of not being in one. So now we have our eyes on her...hoping it's just a bug that will go away.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Awww...so sorry to hear your babies are ill. Hope they clear up soon. Keep your fingres crossed that Chapps and Holly don't get sick too!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hopefully they will get better.

Thanks!! Well Athena doesn't have anything she can give to anyone. Apparently just some infections that occurred due to the overwhelming roundworms.She was never puking or had diarehea or anything..which we found weird since she was apparently dehydrated. Brooklyn..we don't know..she just started this in the morning. She has been spitting up a bit here and there for a few days but nothing like what I had to pick up this morning 3 times. Now it's overwhelming puking. But no worries...we take good care of them and will rush them to our vet..who is AMAZING!!! I called in at 12:00PM about Athena on Sunday and he closes at 3PM. He told me to be in for 1PM and he kept her until 10PM for us and then we went to get her.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They seem to be fine

We think Brook had a tummy ache...we gave her some squash the night before..could have been that. She only threw up that morning and was fine. All my dogs have their shots and heartworm and leptosira as well. So I doubt PARVO was a risk. Athena on the other hand is new and I was given shot papers with her...but who knows if they were doctored...but since the meds the doc put her on...her poop is back to normal, her appettite is fine!! AND she is crazy full of energy. She isn't sitting around anymore. SO THEY BOTH ARE HEALING!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.