Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sooo over trying to find stores who sell the good puppy foods here in Western Australia.

The following brands are not avail here in Aust :(
Wellness, Royal Canin Bulldog, Candidae, DVP Natural Balance, Chicken Soup, Foundation, Diamond, Kirkland.

However the crap ones are readily avail at almost every petstore :roll:
Eukanuba, Hills, Proplan, Purina, Science Diet, Iams.

I'm just really over it now, while i'm busy looking for the best puppy food for my Nelson, he's sittin at home wasting away. I'm keeping him on his old puppy food, but i jsut want to get a good one and stick with it, i don't want to have to keep changing it because i know it will be hard to get him to change each time. :?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Bud, i can sympathise with you, as im stuck in SA, and we dont get any of that stuff.

I picked up a 2kg bag of Optimum (silver bag) and read all the ingrediants etc, and it seems really good, 30% protien, 13% fat etc, and couldnt see anything really bad in there. It was expensive, but the breeder also recommended it as top quality stuff, hence you pay more.

At the moment my boy has been sick and got real skinny, so im feeding him a bit extra, he gets 1 cup of kiddle and a handfull of shredded BBQ chicken, mixed up in hot water 3 times a day.

Once he gets his puppy belly back, ill cut that down.

Optimum and Supercoat are what i would recommend, from personal opinion!

Steve

·
Registered
257 Posts
hi

we're in melbourne, i did a lot of research into getting the best quality option for bella. we are now feeding eagle pack large breed puppy. check out the website for details.
http://www.eaglepack.com.au
we buy it from a place called pet stock which has pretty good pricing and can get it from a delivery called kats and dogs cuisine.
most of the good quality foods that are listed on this forum aren't available in Oz.
the other brand that i would love to feed her is Innova but this is onjly available through pets paradise, which is an ugly mall pet shop chain.

best of luck

·
Registered
209 Posts
have a look for merrick or fromm. Have heard really good things about both, you may have a tough time finding these as well though, and they certainly arent cheap. but i like whats in both of them.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Proplan puppy isn't the same as the brand on that scoring list. I'll score it tonight when I get home Angie.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for your advice, I found a supplier for Eagle Pack here and I went and bought a 3kg bag of the natural. Gave nelson two cups today and he ate it all! :)

After this bag is thru, i'm gonna get a big bag of the large breed puppy.

·
Registered
257 Posts
nelson may not need the large breed. bella's sire is a bullmastiff cross so she is a big girl, 26kg at 6.5months.
the advantage of giving her the large breed for us is that it has glucosamine in it so we dont have to add this to her diet seperately, which we were doing before ($$$). we also give her meaty bones and chicken necks. please let me know how you go with this food, bella's fur is lovely and her poo is far less smelly, we are very happy with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts