Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
My dogs had HomeAgain, I'm not sure what the difference is. Sorry.
i know one of them is able to be read by more scanners, not sure which.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Microchip companies available:

The most widely used microchip companies in the US are AVID and HomeAgain. These companies are both widely recognized. Most veterinarians carry one or the other, but not both. The local animal shelters are generally able to scan for both chips, if they scan an animal with an AVID scanner and a HomeAgain chip has been inserted in the animal, the scanner will alert the handler that a chip is present.

So regardless as to which microchip you choose to use your pet can be found with a scanner, and when a veterinarian decides to carry microchips the microchip company will give a scanner to the veterinarian and the local shelter.

Microchips are important but do not replace collars, ID tags, and rabbies tags, these are still the primary means to getting your pet back when they are lost. Microchips become more important in cases where an animal is stolen and you need a means to positively identify the pet or in cases where the collar has broken away and the shelter has picked up the animal.

http://petcare.suite101.com/article.cfm/MicrochipPetIdentification

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Legend always has his tags(rabies, 2 I.D. Tags, Dog License, and a Digital E-Tag) on. Never left out in the backyard by himself not even for a second, Never let anyone walk him except me, never left at home by himself for more than 5-6 hours, and his never dog sit by anyone except my mom. Call me an overly protective pet parent but I'd rather be safe than be sorry! lol. I think the microchip will ease my mind just a tad bit. I have alot of people who I have told me they fight there dogs and they constantly ask me could they buy Legend from me??!!! No way!

Thanks guy!!! I guess which ever own my Vet sells will be the one I get. Legend's got a Vet appt. on Friday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts