Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ladie that I bought my pups from is a typical back yard breeder. She sold me the pups when they were two weeks old (she swore they were eight) and took them away from their parents. They were raised outside in a cage by themselfs, no parents, no socialization. Well, I guess you could say they had socialization with the pigs and sheep and horses she had :? But anyways - this is her website http://perfectiontraining.com/index.html . Im curious, is there anything I can do, or someone to tell, about her? If any of you were to see the area she breeds in, you'd be furious :cry:

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
2 weeks!?! damn, break out the bottle for the pup, poor thing hasn't weened off mom...you're going to have to do some bottle feeding and supplementation for the pup...how was the breeder feeding them??

talk to a vet about it, and see what's best for the pup.

A good way to shut them down is to burn down their barn ;)
Report them to the local SPCA / animal control

PS: never ever ever trust ANY breeder that has a "pay now by credit card" or Paypal on their site!!!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, they are comming up on 5 months old now. perfectly healthy and growing just great. however, when we bought them, we took them straight to a vet. we bottle fed them for a bit, then had to switch them to moist food, then to regular food. the vet said they were extreamly underweight, and had the worst worms they have ever seen (live handfull amounts comming out both ends). anyways, thank you, i think i will be reporting her!

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
ahhh that's good to hear they're doing ok now. definately report them, get vet records and such, stating their age when you received them, their state of health, conditions at their facility, take photos now if you can before you report them...and drop a lit cigarette into some hay when you're leaving ;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
redbull said:
SugarBear said:
Sad to see the <>< on the website too!
It reminded me of that guy in the movie 'Donnie Darko'...some of the most evil ppl in the world mask themselves as christian ;)
Yeah what is up with that? I've noticed that too. I've seen a puppy mill site where the people had all these scriptures quoted on every page and said they were a christian family who raises loving family pets. :evil: :evil: Evil evil people, their dogs were in very poor conditions, you could even see from the photos so many dogs all mangy looking and sickly.

·
Registered
172 Posts
To the OP I'd report them for sure, I believe its illegal to sell a pup that young.

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
I would definitly report this lady..that is just wrong..I would call animal control and have her investigated...that is just wrong..Loosers..Stupid Humans..

2 weeks that is crazy..

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
In Des Moines, not all the suburbs have Animal Control and the other suburbs AC will only cover if it is an emegency. So if for some reason that situation occurs with you, contact your State Vet. They will direct you in the right direction or send someone in your area out to check out the place. Their office is in one of the state buildings and you can find their number online

·
Registered
172 Posts
Vertes3 said:
How did you find out they were only 2 weeks old???
Not trying to answer for the OP because I don't know....but I do know its very easy to tell the difference between a 2wk old pup and an 8wk old pup. Also when they took it to the vet they would likely find out if they didn't know, the vet would be able to tell its younger.

·
Registered
320 Posts
True_Pits that's why I was asking....because there is a big difference between a 2 week old, and an 8 week old, so I just was wondering how they came to realize the pupp was only 2 weeks old after all that.

That is SUPER scandalous of the breeder to lie to them after they even questioned her about it!!!!! There's also a nice little website called the "Squeaky wheel" where you can make complaints such as these, and they will publish your complaint, and give you tips on how to deal with her.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
They use that Christian crap to make them trust you more, sire are you a con artist no mame I am a solid Christian.
:roll:
Notice there's no parents shown on the site. Did you see any parents at all?

They could've been puppymill dogs, see it done with some breeders. I've also seen breeders "add to" the litters they have with puppymill pups and register them as from the same parents. That's why I don't always trust those papers.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Vertes3 said:
True_Pits that's why I was asking....because there is a big difference between a 2 week old, and an 8 week old, so I just was wondering how they came to realize the pupp was only 2 weeks old after all that.
Well for one thing a two week old pup will not even have teeth yet...I kinda doubt if they was two weeks old the chance of survival is slim to none if you take a pup away from the mother that early even if you bottle feed it. I have no doubt that they probably was takin away to early maybe 4 weeks? who knows but I kinda doubt they was only two weeks old even a puppy mill breeder knows better than to do that!

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
ambull040769 said:
Vertes3 said:
Well for one thing a two week old pup will not even have teeth yet...I kinda doubt if they was two weeks old the chance of survival is slim to none if you take a pup away from the mother that early even if you bottle feed it. I have no doubt that they probably was takin away to early maybe 4 weeks? who knows but I kinda doubt they was only two weeks old even a puppy mill breeder knows better than to do that!
If you have the time you can hand raise a puppy. Both of these two were hand feed. Tora's mom got a nipple infection while breast feeding and the breeder had to hand feed all the pups to avoid the puppies getting the infection. Tora had her mom around but she was hand feed early and she made it out. Echo the fluffy one was hand raised from about three days old by me and my friend. He and his sister were thrown on the side of the road :evil: They were rescued and we fostered them from the time they were about three days old. :cry: It can be done it just takes time and around the clock care, which I don't recommend

This pictures that I took a couple of weeks after we got them

·
Registered
655 Posts
angie7349 said:
ambull040769 said:
Vertes3 said:
If you have the time you can hand raise a puppy. Both of these two were hand feed. Tora's mom got a nipple infection while breast feeding and the breeder had to hand feed all the pups to avoid the puppies getting the infection. Tora had her mom around but she was hand feed early and she made it out. Echo the fluffy one was hand raised from about three days old by me and my friend. He and his sister were thrown on the side of the road :evil: They were rescued and we fostered them from the time they were about three days old. :cry: It can be done it just takes time and around the clock care, which I don't recommend

This pictures that I took a couple of weeks after we got them

Oh my... they are SO cute! What did they end up looking like when they got older?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, we took them to a few different vets, all of which said in between 10 to 20 days old. I do not work, so I was able to completley raise them by hand. Penny was three pounds, and Hemi was 4.5 pounds, the night we bought them. We did see the parents, which were basically splitting images of the litter, very nice looking, healthy, AB's. Kinda crappy taking away a pup that young, especially when your walking by the mother, which was doing everything possible to get back to her litter (trying to scale the fence, ect). When I went to her house, I had the intention of buying one pup. She had three, I ended up leaving with two. Mostly because it was too sad seeing them in that crappy of a place. I really really wish I took the other pup too.. but oh man three ABs from the same litter.. would have been hell.

Ive been calling the breeder, emailing, writting letters, everything, for the last 4 months, with no responce. Finally I got aholdo of her the other day. I acted like everything was fine, and she invited me to her house, so she could see how the pups were doing. I agreed, and I am headed out this weekend comming up. Ill take plenty of pictures while I'm there, and will definitiley post them for you all to see. Hopefully she has straightend the place up. After I take the pictures and stuff, I'll be reporting her.

Thanks for all of your help and advice everyone!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Be careful how much you post here, you never know she may be lurking..

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
[quote="Lizzie"

[/img][/quote]

Oh my... they are SO cute! What did they end up looking like when they got older?[/quote] That is one of them standing next toTora, when he is all grown up.......Awesome dog very loving :D . We thought that they were Huskies when they were babes. Now we are guessing Keeshond or Norwegian elkhound mix of some type. But who really knows?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts