Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We have a 6 month old Staffordshire Bull Terrier. He is a very good pup apart from the fact tht he eats his own mess. He did this when he was about 3 months so we were advised to worm him, so we did but it didn't do any good. Could someone please tell me how do I get him out of this habit

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
gersgirl said:
Hi,

We have a 6 month old Staffordshire Bull Terrier. He is a very good pup apart from the fact tht he eats his own mess. He did this when he was about 3 months so we were advised to worm him, so we did but it didn't do any good. Could someone please tell me how do I get him out of this habit
My only suggestion would be to not let him near it... He should be old enough that he's not doing it in his crate anymore, and just watch him outside so he doesn't get to it then either. Problem solved.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I have been told that they do it because they love it! It's like them passing up candy, some dogs just love the taste. Jazmine loves to eat it. Uuugggg. :shock:

Sometimes it's a health problem, and sometimes it's a behavior problem (like the pups saw their mother cleaning up after them, or it makes them feel secure in themselves). Talk to your vet about it. Also, if you google it you will get many hits.

Jazmine still does it if I'm not watching. Her word is "Leave It", but if she's 200-500 feet away, she takes a snack anyway. It's just nasty. It is the only thing she doesn't routinely listen to. If she sees an animal and wants to chase I say leave it or (i'm not really supposed to but it allways pops out, and she listens) "Don't even think about it!" she strikes the pose but doesn't move. When it comes to poop all bets are off. :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts