Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a one year old english bulldog and he has a terrible rash or bad skin disorder under his chin and on his paws( between toes) Also, his ears are very red and itchy. I thought it was his food so I switched food from rabbit to dick van patten food. His symptoms are still present. Is there any medication that anyone could recommend or maybe something else that I should be doing? I feel bad since he scratches alot and his toes look very sore, Please help!!!!
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank You! George

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
well for now start with benedryl to give him some relief. 1 tablet for every 25 lbs I belive is the conversion. Kate is 60lbs and I give her 2 tablets every 4 to 6 hours

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not sure if this is the same thing but, Obi gets something called juvenile pyoderma (canine acne) It's a rash around his chin, muzzle, belly and the spots look like big pink warts. They bleed now and again, the vet tells me he will grow out of it when he gets older. If it's the same thing I usually have to get antibiotics for Obi when he has an outbreak, I also use some shampoo called Paxcutol, ask your vet for advice if it persists.

Fee x x

·
Registered
235 Posts
MY FRENCH BULLDOG, HAD A RASH ALL OVER HER CHIN NECK AND PAWS. SHE WOULD LICK HER PAWS SO MUCH THE INSIDE WOULD BE JUST SO RED AND RAW...WELL I THOUGHT IT WAS HER FOOD WHEN WE SWITCHED HER TO DVP DUCK AND POTATOE, BUT IT ENDED UP BEING A ALLERGY, SHES WAS ALLERGIC TO SOME PLANT IN MY BACK YARD, SO WE HAD TO RIP OUT ALL OUR PLANTS, SO NOWS THERES JUST LAWN, AND SHES A-OK! NO MORE RASH NO MORE RAW PAWS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My English Bulldog has the same problem. The vet said it is just something I have to live with in Florida. He puts him on antibotic when he breaks out bad. Other then that, baths every week.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
EBs tend to have all kinds of problems. I hope you knew this going in. I think if it's that bad I'd take him/her to the vet. Could be yeast, could be mange, could be an allergy - it's hard to say.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.