Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone in here has ever herd of that kind of food and is it a good choice to feed my dogs i have two apbt's and seen it on a site ( don't remember where) but it's suppose to be healthy if not any suggestions on a good type of food. I had them on pedigree puppy but switched to iams puppy. Any advice would be much appreciated. :diabloanifire:

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
A handful of people on this forum feed their dogs the BARF diet which is the same as the RAW diet. It is basically all raw food including the bones. There are sides for both the good and the bad for feeding this to your dogs. Many people do see benfits from it though. But if you are going to go that route, it takes a lot of time and dedication to make sure your dogs are getting the right amount of nutrition.

As for kibble... there is a sticky at the top of this section about foods. Read through that and you will find some awesome food choices that are available all over. You will find a lot of foods that are better then IAMs on there too

·
Registered
979 Posts
BARF - formerly Bones and Raw Food, currently Biologically Appropriate Raw Foods.

I do it a little. I haven't done it lately since I was breaking in a new dog (Amrika), but my ridgebacks would get kibble in the morning and BARF in the evenings. The meal would consist of some kind of starch (like sweet potato), chicken necks raw, chicken thighs scalded(deboned), raw egg, ground green leafy (usually kale), a raw egg and their fish body oil capsule.

I haven't gone totally BARF because I'm paranoid about them getting all their nutrient requirements met. Probably too paranoid since as long as they have a diverse diet they should be fine.

It takes a lot of reasearch, or a lot of cash to buy readymade barf meals. I like the results. They didn't smell bad before but on BARF they smelled even better. They are lean and muscular, bright eyed and bushy tailed. The kibble they have isn't too shabby mind you (I use either Performatrin Ultra or Natural Balance usually), but I have noticed lately that Milo is having his first ear infection in YEARS. I find myself cleaning his ears where I didn't have to for YEARS. So I think the pup's broken in well enough that we're going to try BARF evenings again.

Paula

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

thanks for the info and i seen the food table right after i wrote that message so thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts