Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! So I understand that a lot of APBT's DON'T bark that much as it is, but I have a question about my APBT Kendra and her barking? Now she is only 13 months old and has ONLY barked TWICE and those were both when she was a puppy. Is this normal?? Has anyone else dealt with this and have any insite into this matter?? She basicaly wouldn't hurt a fly, let alone another dog or a person as she has ZERO dog aggression and ZERO human aggression, but giver her a squirell or a cat and Lord knows what she would do with one of those! lol Now her temperment is BEYOND perfect and I was wondering if barking, like her temperment or dog/animal aggression/ people aggression, could possibly change when she reaches adulthood?? Could it also be that she ISN'T going to bark unless she NEEDS too as the normal dog would do to protect her master, as if to use her bark as a WARNING or possibly a scare tactic?? Do any of my questions even matter?? I mean, is it possible that it is as simple as either she barks or doesn't, period?? I would hope, since she doesn't bark at all as it is, that she will only bark if she needs to protect her Dad, me, or anybody else in the house as well as HER home, but I dunno lol thats why im asking everybody is she will EVER bark again for any reason??
Anyways, sorry that my one or two questions turned into a decent sized paragraph!! :D lol

·
Agent Squint
4,224 Posts
Roxy's barks all the time :| if theres a cat in the garden or a strange noise or if she just wants something! drives me nuts! But her sister will only bark when really needed and again this is very rare, they are both now coming up to 2 years old and I don't think either of them will change.

Roxy has a high prey drive, has killed a hedge hog and would if she could kill next doors cat! She tried to attack a stuffed fox (I work at a school, it was on display) she pulled it's tail of and was ready to shred it!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I had all my other dogs trained to bark on comand, but how would I even be able to THINK about doing that with Kendra, let alone actualy doing it if she doesn't ever bark?? lol I dunno, maybe she will only bark for serious stuff as well, like if she feels like her or I or the house is threatened or if im attacked or anyone in the house is, I dunno, I don't want to find out either lol, but then again she may not for that either, she may just react and defend us! Who knows. Thanks for all the reply's on this though!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Barking (or lack of...)

I hear ChiChi bark probably once every three weeks and it's usually a "one-woofer". She barked tonight...when the cat walked by. Ken and I just looked at each other shocked because it's been so long since we heard it last. She doesn't bark to go out, doesn't bark at strangers or other dogs, doesn't bark to eat, usually she doesn't bark at the cat either but, she was in a playful mood tonight and just being silly. Sometimes we wish she'd bark since we have a house with an upstairs and if she's downstairs, we have to keep going down to see if she needs to go out becuase she won't let us know otherwise. No agression so far.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:lol: Thats funny. Yeah Kendra shows absolutely no aggression at all! She doesn't bark when were are playing together, at other dogs, at cats, at other people, or even squirles or birds which she hates and tries to get at with a passion lol. Im glad there isn't any aggression, don't get me wrong, but I would like more then her jumping up and sticking her ears up when someone knocks at the door. Either she is going to bark if she ever has to protect me or my home or she will just react, if she even does that lol she is liable to lick the criminal to death! :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Dngrus03Busa1300 said:
:lol: Thats funny. Yeah Kendra shows absolutely no aggression at all! She doesn't bark when were are playing together, at other dogs, at cats, at other people, or even squirles or birds which she hates and tries to get at with a passion lol. Im glad there isn't any aggression, don't get me wrong, but I would like more then her jumping up and sticking her ears up when someone knocks at the door. Either she is going to bark if she ever has to protect me or my home or she will just react, if she even does that lol she is liable to lick the criminal to death! :)
I'm thinking ChiChi would probably be a burglar-licker too...she rarely even perks up when one of US comes up to the door. She just lifts her head, waits a few seconds, yawns, and lays back down..what a life! Our cat would probably alert us of any impending doom before ChiChi would. Oh well, I guess she's the lapdog I always wanted...just a little bigger than the average. hee hee...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.