Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so everyonce and awhile Mason will just start barking and wont stop.. Either when he's in his crate and were doing something or when Im at work and he hears me walk in the room..

Ive tried isolating him in the bathroom anytime he keeps barking when he doesnt listen to me but it hasnt worked yet..granted ive only done this like 4 times..It doesnt bug him he just starts playing with somthing else or starts clawing the door..

So what other tips can people give me?? Do I just wait it out and he will eventually not bark as much??Just dont want it getting out of hand

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I would say keep doing what you are doing but turn out the lights, so he can't see to find stuff to play with....But if you do like this method then maybe a water bottle? Maybe a little spray with a "no" may work

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol tried the water bottle.. he LOVES water it doesnt work..lol

I did have the lights out the dog must have nightvision :shock:

Anyhow maybe he just needs more work on it.. he picked up sit though... he still has his moments where he is too excited to listen but I was surpised how quick he picked it up..

·
Registered
19 Posts
my OEB doesn't like to have the door shut on him and I don't like my oak doors being scratched up so I installed a grate in the place of the door and he doesn't bark or scratch at the door anymore because I think he is more confortable now that he can see what is going on beyond the room...it helped with my little guy

·
Registered
74 Posts
you could get a bark collar. Otherwise when he starts barking spray him in the mouth with lemon juice, and give a "NO BARK" command. Enough times of this and he'll learn to stop barking. My OEB actually began to like lemon juice so i mixed with vinegar.

Another thing to keep in mind is if he is in a crate, or locked away you definitely do not want to go in there when he is barking. He wants attention, so he barks, you going in there give him the attention.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Deuce barks at his butt. One night he was in the kitchen and he started barking. We looked in from the living room and he was just laying down staring at his butt and barking. Then he started biting it. I guess he had a flea or something that pissed him off. It was so funny looking though.

·
Registered
288 Posts
exercise your dog

Get a bike and exercise that dog. The Dog Whisperer says a tired dog won't bark as much.

dog tired,

Jackie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts