Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Baxter is usually a mellow guy...mister wiggle butt with other dogs and all that stuff...very mellow but of course has the bully craziness also. We got Gabby 2 weeks ago and shes 8 weeks right now...He loves her and plays with her and watches her a lot...and knows when hes had enough and goes to higher ground. Well tonight we went for a small walk and here comes a woman with a fluffy dog and I had Gabby in my arms, and Jim had Bax...HE is always fine and stupid me not thinking said it was ok so she said before I could open my mouth ok well She likes to jump on other dogs...NOT! and yup she jumped on Bax's shoulders and he took that as agression and went after her...scared the hell outta the woman! and me, but everything was fine..I am wondering is this because of the new baby? He also got snotty for the first time ever with our male cocker that we have they usually ignore each other hang out torment each other he was pissed at him yesterday while in the same room as Gabby...so I seperated them right away. Hes due to get fixed this month, but I hope this isnt a love thing going on! And he also was barking today while I had her in the yard doing her business and she walked to him and he took her with one paw and shuffled her under him and stood over her like he didnt want our other dog near her....here we gooooo!!!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Protective is one thing.Dont allow other dogs to come to yours you never know what could happen. It could be because of the new pup but i doubt hes being protective could be jealous.
I have 2 females and for 3 years we thought were lovers they were inseperable when i boarded them during vacations they woul dhave to be walked together or they wouldnt go.Shared and run together for 3 years.Then all of the sudden on day they had a fight and tore eachother open. Idont recommend any dogs are together unless oposite sex and even still. I would say your dog was defeneding himself and didnt want soem strang dog over him.Can you blame him? 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts