Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
woo hoo!!!
she did absolutely wonderful!! better than i ever predicted. granted, it was just our first class. but she was exceptional!

okay okay, we only had 1 problem.... the down position, she doesn't do that too well.... i have to say down and take her front feet out from under her :(

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Congrats!!!! Good Girl Baylee!!!!

Alot of dogs are unsure about the down, its a vulnerable position for them to be in. I had problems with Lucy and her down, we actually just got it. What people told me to do never worked but it might for you.

http://bulldogbreeds.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=783&highlight=lucy

I ended using a ball. I learned it from the Schutzhund club I was at. I put her in a sit, and got her attention on the ball, then really fast I put the ball to the ground and said "platz" and right away she jumped to the ground, now she does it awesome pretty much all the time.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks!!

she'll do that at home, i used a treat though.... but at OB class she was having none of it!!!

there was a beautiful pit bull there, she was all brindle, kinda a yellow/brown brindle... she looked a little like a hyenna.... she also had the notorious white markings on her chest....she was a character, that pup was never under control!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Way to Go, Baylee! Keep up the good work. She'll get the "down", just keep at it. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts