Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i posted this in the other thread but i don't think anyone saw it....

Update: Okay, Bayle had x-rays done and bloodwork. X-rays show she has pneumonia, no blockages from bones, etc. She has a high fever and gave her a shot of anti-biotics and a 2 week supply of Clavomox(?). She DID have the vaccine in November, it's in her file but not in the computer, idiots. She has an extreme runny left nostril and she's thrown up phlegm a couple times since we've been home. Her bloodwork should be back tomorrow. Thanks everyone for the support......... oh yeah, she's contagious... can she give it to us?

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Mason says he hopes Baylee gets better.. if she gets lonely and needs a nap buddy he's there!! :D

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
The chances of you guys getting it from here are extremely remote. Except for scabies, diseases almost never pass from dog to human or vice versa.

Poor Baylee. I know how bad she feels. I had a foster pup come down with pneumonia a couple of years ago, and I've had it myself. :cry: :cry: (((((Hugs))))) from Buster - he's a good cuddler.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Aww....poor Baylee! <<<HUGS>>>> and hope you get better real soon!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Awe, poor Baylee. Hugs from Bear & Molly.
I know exactly what your going through. Bear had pneomonia at about 5 months old. Except with that we had 2 overnight emergency room visits for a total of $1,100. oucccchhh.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm sorry to hear your pup is sick.

My AB Hurley is going through the same thing. (See post below) He seems to be recovering OK, but it apparently can take quite a bit of time to fully recover.

Hurley was at the vet for 3 days on an IV. The vet was able to take a culture of what he coughed up and I hope to hear from the lab today. This is important to make sure he's on the right type of antibiotic for the offending bacteria causing the infection.

Was your vet able to get a sample?

-todd

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks Todd

reallybigtoad said:
I'm sorry to hear your pup is sick.

My AB Hurley is going through the same thing. (See post below) He seems to be recovering OK, but it apparently can take quite a bit of time to fully recover.

Hurley was at the vet for 3 days on an IV. The vet was able to take a culture of what he coughed up and I hope to hear from the lab today. This is important to make sure he's on the right type of antibiotic for the offending bacteria causing the infection.

Was your vet able to get a sample?

-todd
i read you posts yesterday, that's when i decided to call the vet..... speaking of, she didn't call me today like she was supposed to.... i'll call in the morning...

i'm hoping she'll recover quick.... i hate seeing her gag all the time, and phelgm come up.... sometimes it's just a whole lot of nothing.... she went thru a spell this am, kinda scary..... my vet took blood (no culture) and way too many x-rays $$$$ but she did point out that Baylee's trachial tube is 50% smaller than it should be.... i think it was the trachial tube... so much mumbo jumbo...

how's hurley doing?

ps.... thanks everyone for the warm hugs and well wishes....we love them

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hurley's doing better. He's getting a lot of his energy back.

He's on a different antibiotic than your pup, and I'm still waiting for lab results to insure he's on the right meds.

The coughing and wretching is dissipating, but still there. It sounds worse than it actually is. This first vet put him on a cough suppressant, which kept him from expelling the junk in his lungs and escallated the problem for a week.

Our vet said it could be 4-6 weeks before he's completely recovered. It sounds like you caught it earlier so hopefully Bailey will recover quickly.

-todd

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Poor Baylee! I hope she is feeling better soon!!!!!

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
man oh man!! she was wild last night..... must have been Dozer's love and all the warm wishes :wink:

her snotty nose disappeared but was back again this morning.... i think i'm having sympathy pains.... i've been all snotty this week too...ugh!!

thanks for all the kind thoughts and wishes, especially all the warm hugs....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts