Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Jake got here at about 5:30. Bella was scared to death of him at first because he kept trying to mount her. (He's unaltered.) He finally gave up trying, and they've been getting along beautifully ever since. Jake is such a darling boy. He's very squirmy and hyper, but he's really sweet and loves to cuddle. He's a little bit shorter than Bella, but he's built like a brick shithouse. I think he weighs about 65 lbs. He has a really bad skin condition, though. His owner wasn't sure what it was, but it looks like he has severe allergies. I wouldn't be surprised if he's allergic to his food; he's eating Purina Dog Chow. Anyway, here are some pictures of the brats!

Isn't he a hunk??

Bella just had to win.

"Mmmm...leg!"

Aww...you can see Bella's tumor. =(

"Mmmm...ear!"

RAWR!

Doggy tongues!!

"Thanks for letting me play all night, Mom!"

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
guess whos going to sleep wonderfully tonight!!!!

And work on that food thing! 8)

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kate said:

I wish I could just switch his food right now. I know his owner isn't going to care about any of my suggestions, since she's going to re-home him anyway. I would LOVE to keep him, but his skin problems concern me. I already have one dog with severe allergies - I'm scared to own another!

·
Registered
914 Posts
they are really cute pics. that is so good they are doing well together. and i hope your couch last at least another year. lol. that alot of jumping around that its taking.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Aww, hes a cute little guy. Looks like they were having some fun. Poor Bella having to defend herself from being mounted.

"Purina Dog Chow", *shiver*, poor boy

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brandi said:
they are really cute pics. that is so good they are doing well together. and i hope your couch last at least another year. lol. that alot of jumping around that its taking.
Oh, I know! We've only had it a little over a year (it was brand new when we bought it), and it already needs to be replaced! I think we're just going to throw a slip cover over it and make it last another year or two. :)

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kogeki said:
Aww, hes a cute little guy. Looks like they were having some fun. Poor Bella having to defend herself from being mounted.

It was so funny the way she was avoiding him: She would jump up on the couch and plant her backside right between the couch cushions...haha!

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
bella_blue said:
kogeki said:

It was so funny the way she was avoiding him: She would jump up on the couch and plant her backside right between the couch cushions...haha!
Smart girl :lol:

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
bella_blue said:
Kate said:

I wish I could just switch his food right now. I know his owner isn't going to care about any of my suggestions, since she's going to re-home him anyway. I would LOVE to keep him, but his skin problems concern me. I already have one dog with severe allergies - I'm scared to own another!
how long are you going to have him for?

When I first got Kate she was on some purina kind.... and lets remember this was before I knew much.... but I did know purina was crap from my other dog and Kate was farting horrible. So the very next day I just up and changed her food... .to iams.. (I know horrible that I changed it so quick and changed it quickly... but I think Iams is slightly better then purina!) but anyways, even tho I did it so quick, it still helped immensly.

So my point to all this.... maybe you can just switch him and if his skin is getting better quickly, maybe it will help prove it was just the food and either sway their decision on getting rid of him or even yours on helping them out.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kate said:
how long are you going to have him for?

When I first got Kate she was on some purina kind.... and lets remember this was before I knew much.... but I did know purina was crap from my other dog and Kate was farting horrible. So the very next day I just up and changed her food... .to iams.. (I know horrible that I changed it so quick and changed it quickly... but I think Iams is slightly better then purina!) but anyways, even tho I did it so quick, it still helped immensly.

So my point to all this.... maybe you can just switch him and if his skin is getting better quickly, maybe it will help prove it was just the food and either sway their decision on getting rid of him or even yours on helping them out.
We're only watching him until Sunday night/Monday morning. He hasn't eaten yet since he's been here (the stress of being in a new house, maybe?), but I think I'm going to try giving him some of Bella's food, and maybe some fish oil supplement to see if that helps even a little bit. He just seems so miserable and itchy.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
bella_blue said:
We're only watching him until Sunday night/Monday morning. He hasn't eaten yet since he's been here (the stress of being in a new house, maybe?), but I think I'm going to try giving him some of Bella's food, and maybe some fish oil supplement to see if that helps even a little bit. He just seems so miserable and itchy.
Definitly, when I first moved out here... Kate didn't eat right for about 2 or 3 days.... but lots going on with moving everything in and what not. Plus, he has someone to play with, why eat?!?! She might go away! lol

Like my friend always said "Hurry up Kate and smell me quick before the smell leaves!"

·
Registered
78 Posts
:cry: i though you were talking about my jake....

well that is ok but the allergy problem is bad. mine has it too... all his life... fighting it the best i can ...changed food but fish oil is the only thing that has ever helped... good thinking

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
He sure is handsome, to bad about his skin. It looks like Bella is having fun. I saw the pics and thought you got a new dog. I was thinking, "I thought he was supposed to be brown. And wasn't she gonna look at him next month?"

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chico.Heidi said:
He sure is handsome, to bad about his skin. It looks like Bella is having fun. I saw the pics and thought you got a new dog. I was thinking, "I thought he was supposed to be brown. And wasn't she gonna look at him next month?"
Haha! We have the opportunity to keep this guy if we want to. I will definitely consider it if his skin clears up at least a little bit from better food. He's probably going to have diarrhea, but I at least want to know what a better diet will do for his skin.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I know I preach about this stuff alot but you may want to try some Microtek spray. It has really helped with Chico's itching.

What kind of food do you have Bella on?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Chico.Heidi said:
I know I preach about this stuff alot but you may want to try some Microtek spray. It has really helped with Chico's itching.

What kind of food do you have Bella on?
Thanks! I'll look into that. Bella eats Innova.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Wow, you're fast!!!! Chico had bad skin infections too, it's very frustrating. We finally have him on track and he's doing great. Maybe it will be something really simple with this guy.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hope it is something simple, like a corn allergy or something. That's sooooo easy to fix!

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Holy cow!! How did I miss this?!?!? Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!!! :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts