Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my baby off at the vet about an hour ago.
She was (as always) extremely excited to be there but may never want to go back again after today.
I thought I would cry as I handed over the lead and am still feeling a bit teary, though i know it is the right thing to do.
that's all, just wanted to post it.
thanks.

·
Registered
426 Posts
She'll be fine, try not to worry!

Tia was spayed about a month ago and I felt exactly the same. It was weird when I took her into the vets though....normally she goes straight in but she put the brakes on this time and the vet had to come into the waiting room to try and get her into the examination room. It was as if she knew she was having an operation :shock: When I picked her up later that day she was still druged up and banging into things (it was a nightmare getting her into the car....she was too heavy to lift!). Once we got home she slept but she was sick a few times (due to the drugs I think). The next day she was back to normal as if nothing had happened :) When I took her back to the vets for her post op check she went in the examination room wagging her tail like mad! :lol:

Let us know how Bella gets on, i'm sure she will be fine tomorrow :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bella is up and at it today just as you said.
Yeah she was pretty drunk all of last night and didnt even get up to have a wee. I guess that she didn't have much left in her.
Her stitches are a mess, not unhealthy just untidy and I think her scar is going to be a bit ugly. Oh well, we are all just so glad to be on the other side of it. Now I can't wait to back to our normal walking schedule!
Thanks for your reply Shellie.
Xrachel ben and bella

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I'm so glad she did okay :D No matter how many times we are told everything will be okay, its still hard to believe it for youself.

yay for bella!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, Ben and I could hardly look at each other while she was away. It was terrifying. But she wagged her back end off on the the way in and on the way out too.
thanks Kate, yay for Bellla.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I am still waiting on some new Bella pics!!!!!!!!!!!

I am happy to hear she did well, and I'm sure the stitches will heal much better than they look right now.

When she is up and about again, lets see some pics PLEASE!

Bridget

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh bridget,
every time i take her pic i think "gotta get them onto photobucket", but we have been so busy lately that i haven't had time. as soon as they're up i'm gonna be knocking on you door for a banner.
rachel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts