Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the public pools in my town hosts a "Dog Days of Summer" event in which owners can bring their dogs to swim in a non-chlorinated pool. My husband, sister-in-law, and I brought Bella this morning. We left Remy at home because he is pretty scared of water, and I didn't want to stress him out at all.

We decided to keep Bella on a leash because there were SOOO many adults and kids and dogs there, and we didn't want to let Bella out of our sight. (And of course we wanted to prevent any fights!) Bella did extremely well around everyone and everything there. She was social as can be and didn't so much as raise her hackles at any of the other dogs. No one seemed afraid of her, even people with young kids, which was wonderful. We actually got a lot of positive comments on her! I think the whole thing was sensory overload for her, though. :lol: Anyway, on to the important part: pictures!

On our way there

"I'm swimmin', Mom!"

She had a hard time staying afloat in deeper water, so she kept dragging me back to the shallow end!

What a beefcake!

Just chillin'

Who let a horse in?? :lol:

On the way home

"Thanks, Mom, for a fun day!"

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
That looks like so much fun! Bella looks quite content in the last pic. It's apparently a pretty popular event, what a crowd! Seems strange that people would have their dogs off leash there with all the people/children and animals, but what do I know.

Is that pool set up like a beach?

That dane is crazy!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cannon said:
That looks like so much fun! Bella looks quite content in the last pic. It's apparently a pretty popular event, what a crowd! Seems strange that people would have their dogs off leash there with all the people/children and animals, but what do I know.

Is that pool set up like a beach?

That dane is crazy!
There were a total of 400 dogs that came through the doors. :shock: It was a 50% increase from last summer. There were a lot of unsupervised children running around, which is one of the 1,000 reasons we kept Bella on a leash. Stupid parents. We stayed until the end of the event, and there were no accidents or fights among the dogs at all. Quite amazing!

That pool is set up like a beach. When we walked in, Bella took two steps into the water, then sprawled out all frog-legged in the shallow water! Someone with a really nice camera snapped a picture of her while she was lying there, so I'm hoping I'll see it in the newspaper or something. :)

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vertes3 said:
Looks like you guys had a really fun day!!! I LOVE that pic with her tongue way out....so cute!!!
It was a lot of fun! I don't know if we'll go back next year because Bella will be a grown up pibble and more likely to get into a fight, but it was definitely fun today, and she really impressed me with how well behaved she was (aside from pulling on her leash trying to check things out.) :)

I often wonder how she fits that huge tongue in her mouth!!

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
I meant to PM you back about this. Haus and Justice hate water, so we didn't come. Looks like it was a blast though!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HausMommy said:
I meant to PM you back about this. Haus and Justice hate water, so we didn't come. Looks like it was a blast though!
Ah, that's too bad! Remy hates water (pool, hose, bath, etc.), so we left him at home. Bella isn't the strongest swimmer, but she definitely loves the water. I really hope her picture is in the paper or on the Humane Society's website!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
that looks like so much fun!! I'm so glad bella is so good! yay for her! I bet she is out sleeping right now!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OrsonDogge said:
That is an awsome pool!!!
And i like everyone's "bathing suits", i thought
cut-offs and wife-beaters for swimming was just
an Arkansas tradition? :lol:

Looks like a very fun time!!
LOL! Well, people weren't allowed to "swim" perse, because there was no (or very little) chlorine in the pool. I assume most of them were like me and didn't expect that they'd be joining in on the fun by wading in the water with their dogs. I wasn't planning on going into the water above my knees, but I had to coax Bella into the deeper water. :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.