Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Hotdogs are great, LOL..

I give my dogs only all natural treats like PCI Brand Chicken and Biscuits (cookies with dried chicken wrapped around them)
also from the same brand they sell dried chicken breast, dried duck, and dried turkey breast. I also give her Three Dog
Bakery treats and PetGuard Mr. Pugsly (peanut butter) and Mr. Barkley (vegetarian) treats.

Also fruits and veggies, tidbits of whatever I'm eating, etc.

The key is to monitor their weight and give all treats in moderation.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I give Bogart these holistic Eagle Pack treats. They have great ingredients. He also gets these beef treats from Solid Gold. Once in awhile I'll give him bits of whatever fruit I'm eating. He especially loves strawberries.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Which treats do you give by Solid Gold, the Dragon's teeth?

I LOLed at the strawberry thing.

I also forgot to mention Beef Jerky (for people) in original flavor (no seasoned).
It's expensive ($5 for a tiny package) but my dogs loved it.

I am also a second generation Slim jim treater, LOL.
My father gave them to his collie on a daily basis.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whenever I eat applesauce I share with her. It's organic, no sugar added and she loves the stuff. Thats okay for her right?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
He had a rough collie (think Lassie) and trained him well with pieces of Slim Jim.
He would do anything you asked if he smelled them, they sell one now for dogs called puperoni
but the ingredients are crap. If you give meat treats made for humans, they are higher quailty
because they're forced to be. Don't get the hot spicy Slim Jim, get original flavor.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Bar S hot dogs, definatley cheaper than dog treats and they love them. Bo gets three in the morning and 4 or 5 at night. :blob2: He stands there and watches to see what the wife brings home from the grocery store. He's hilarious :D

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
I use hot dogs for ROcket as well...I buy chicken dogs...he seems to like them better.

On a silly side note...tonight I was working on some OB with ROcket, so of course, I had some hot dog for a treat. I guess I stuck the left over hot dog in my pocket :? and forgot about it....I was at the grocery store and reached into my pocket thinking I had put my car keys in there and out fell the hot dog! the cashier was just looking at me....D'OH! :p I already explained what the giant bottle of fish oil capsules and tub of non-fat plain yogurt was for...I'm sure she thinks I'm crazy, lol!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
mom to many said:
I use hot dogs for ROcket as well...I buy chicken dogs...he seems to like them better.

On a silly side note...tonight I was working on some OB with ROcket, so of course, I had some hot dog for a treat. I guess I stuck the left over hot dog in my pocket :? and forgot about it....I was at the grocery store and reached into my pocket thinking I had put my car keys in there and out fell the hot dog! the cashier was just looking at me....D'OH! :p I already explained what the giant bottle of fish oil capsules and tub of non-fat plain yogurt was for...I'm sure she thinks I'm crazy, lol!
That's too funny! I'm constantly pulling dog treats out of my pockets. I hate when I throw my pants in the washing machine when I still have treats in them, though!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I used to give them cocktail weiners, already cooked you just open the can. LOL.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
PitBullRoyalty said:
Which treats do you give by Solid Gold, the Dragon's teeth?
I give him the Beef Jerky ones. He loves them!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Whatever, I try to only buy the treats that do not have wheat in them, because Zack is allergic to wheat. But he will eat almost any thing. He loves raw carrots, hot dogs, cheese, peanut butter in his Kong, bully sticks, raw hide bones, well any bone, and pop corn (prob should not give it to him, but we both love it, my boxer will not eat it) I just try to stay away from the cheap dog treats. He has bad enough gas as it is, and those just make it that much worse. I give him yogurt too. He loves it. I freeze the yogurt gogurt sticks for my kids, and he loved it when they would sneak him a little taste. So I got some ice cube trays and freeze his plain yogurt, and give him those. He loves them on a hot day, and they say the yogurt helps with gas!!! Win, Win situation!! He likes to eat ice too!!!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Leeann, do they have wheat in them. I though Bella was allergic to wheat too, is that right??

Does petsmart have them???

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
coco said:
Leeann, do they have wheat in them. I though Bella was allergic to wheat too, is that right??

Does petsmart have them???
They do have wheat in them. Here's the ingredients of the type I give them:

Lamb, Lamb Hearts, Lamb Kidneys, Lamb Lungs, Whole Wheat Flour, Rice Flour, Lamb Fat (Preserved with mixed Tocopherols and Ascorbic Acid source of Vitamin C) Sucrose, Ground Whole Flaxseed, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Phosphates, Brewer's Yeast, Dried Kelp Meal, Lecithin, Natural Smoke Flavor, Glycerin, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Copper Proteinate, Niacin, Vitamin A Acetate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, ,Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Sodium Nitrite.

Bella doesn't have any food allergies as far as we know. We avoid common allergens in the dogs' kibble, but they seem to do okay with treats that have wheat in them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts