Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Train my pup the proper way he should walk.. right now he likes to go all over and stays in front..Ive made the attempt to hold him back and get him to walk at my side but I understand he's still young so he may not pick up on it, im just curious as to what others may have done when training theirs dogs walking on a leash

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
don't follow my standards, but i waited until baylee was 4-5 months before i properly showed her how to walk on a leash..... with her neck size to be a bit awkward, i just let her lead.... from side to side and behind me.... like i said, not good...

but after 2-3 times showing her the right way, she picked it up! but remember, i'm an amatuer :wink:

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Well i'd say, let your puppy be a puppy! At least until 4 or 5 months, then start seriously walking training. Let him smell new smells and investigate new things. That is how puppies investigate, since they don't have hands, they use there nose and mouth.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
ambulldogpup said:
Well i'd say, let your puppy be a puppy! At least until 4 or 5 months, then start seriously walking training. Let him smell new smells and investigate new things. That is how puppies investigate, since they don't have hands, they use there nose and mouth.
AGREE

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I also agree with all of the above... I tried training Koda when we first got him & it was a total mess!!! So, needless to say, he's only 3 months now, and I'm not going to attempt it again for another month or so... :?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts