Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
You bred her and you didn't even research that much?
:roll:

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
There are topics on this if you want to do a search, I remember at least 2 different threads.

But I believe I remember that the temp will be consitantly below 96 degrees for a full day and she will start nesting

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
How many days pregnant is she? An average pregnancy is 63 days.

Start taking her temp. It will drop below 100 degrees (usually around 98 ). She may have some clear fluid come from her vulva. She may begin nesting. These are all signs of labor.

Good luck to you and your girl.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
she is nesting since yesturday and she is very irratible she wont stay in the one place she is 61 days gone and there is a little clear discharge she is also panting alot as if she is thirsty but she has water beside her and is drinkin it ,i dont know how to take her temp?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
When your dog is ill, you may have to determine whether or not he has a fever by taking your dog's temperature. It's relatively easy and all you need is a thermometer. Learning how to take your dog’s temperature properly can help determine if immediate veterinary care is needed.

Your dog’s normal rectal temperature is 100.5 to 102.5 degrees Fahrenheit. Higher temperatures may necessitate a trip to your veterinarian, depending on other symptoms. Feeling the ears, nose or head is not considered a reliable method; you have to determine your dog’s internal temperature to find out for certain. This is done using an oral or rectal thermometer, either digital or mercury. Ear thermometers can also be used in dogs. They are generally fast and easy but it is essential to use a proper technique to obtain an accurate temperature reading.

Instructions for Rectal Temperatures

Some dogs will allow you to take their temperature, but others don’t like it at all. It might be easier if you get another person to assist by holding your dog. Then do the following:

If using a mercury thermometer, remember to shake it with a quick flick of the wrist until the mercury is below 94 degrees. Then lubricate the thermometer with petroleum jelly, KY jelly or other water-based lubricant.

Have your helper hold the head and front part of the body by tightly hugging your dog.

Lift the tail and insert the thermometer slowly and carefully into the rectum, located just below the base of the tail. Insert the thermometer about 1 inch and hold in place – two minutes for mercury thermometers or until the digital thermometer beeps.

Remove the thermometer and read the temperature.

Remember to lubricate the thermometer with petroleum jelly, KY jelly or other water-based lubricant. Insert the thermometer about one inch into the rectum and keep in place for 2 minutes.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
tracey28 said:
she is nesting since yesturday and she is very irratible she wont stay in the one place she is 61 days gone and there is a little clear discharge she is also panting alot as if she is thirsty but she has water beside her and is drinkin it ,i dont know how to take her temp?
And she probably won't drink it. When Shelby was in labor this was the first sign I noticed. Their "panting" is like the breathing humans do while in labor. I'd say she should be going any time now if she's doing all that. I hope she has a safe delivery!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.