Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,981 Posts
Carter A.K.A- Ray Charles said:
well carter has an appointment set as of this afternoon for saturday morning. I am giving him a week on the meds.... if no improvement.. he is going for yet another vet's opinion :roll:

How did his appointment go? What did the vet have to say?
Hope he is doing alright and that it will be easy for him to heal from this.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Anxious to hear what the vet says about the baby. I apologize for suggesting stones, I read the urine problem before I read your intro and history and the fact it's a puppy. :oops: I hope he's OK...

34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Update of Carter

Here is a little update.

Carter is doing ok i suppose. When i had em to the vet yesterday, the lady said that some males dogs do bleed a tiny bit when they urinate when they are as young as him. A( i still dunno bout that but whatever) She said give him the last week on his medicine and see what happens. He is peeing bettter though and when he bleeds now, it is not during u8rination... every now and then he drips a drop or two.. so it may be getting better.
HOWEVER

we did find out that he does have worms... alot. I asked the vet why he is eating non stop and also got a round belly.....
here he has a ton of round worms and hookworms. SO he has been given a squirt of medicine via the mouth for that as well. (this was yesterday) whebn do i expect to see him pooping worms? Havent seen any yet... and the belly is still round

:?: :roll:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Ooooh give it 12 hrs. or so, you'll see 'em. Trust me, you'll see 'em. And you'll never want to eat bean sprouts again :shock:

34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Wierd... he has gone quite a few times now.. no "bean sprouts".

still big round belly...

it normally takes awhile??? He got the meds on... Saturday ITs now Monday morning

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Your vet should've dewormed him at the first visit.
I would get a second opinion, what has your vet been doing for him?
Any X-rays or ultrasounds?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
That vet should be doing more than prescibing meds, he should be finding out what is causing the dog to bleed!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.