Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm really concern... my EB had diahhrea for the past threedays now. I suspected that there was blood in his stool yesterday and today, there was a lot of blood when I wiped his butt. (It's been getting darker and darker here so I couldn't see what the color of his stool were for the past two days.) He's acting normal and sleeping as much as he usually does. He's not throwing up, not coughing, nothing.

His diet has not changed; he's been eating Royal Canin Bulldog 24 for months now so I dont think it's the food. His treats are from Petco (about 6 pieces of animal crackers throughout the day) and a Greenie a day. All of this is nothing new. We dont feed him human food and we monitor everything he eats, so we know he didn't eat anything foreign.

Can anyone tell me what's going on? I'm also taking him to the vet tomorrow, but I wanted to know if anyone had gone through the same experience with their dog??? Please help!

·
Registered
634 Posts
i dont nkow were u live but were i live ther was a bad vires going around i had the same problem i cut mine off dog food and fed them a bland diet hadr boiled eggs bread cooked rice and ground beef for about 3 days but in the mean time i had ti take all 3 to the vet 1 after the other 1200 in vet bills 1 spent the knight if u live in the southen nj take your dog to the vet mine were realy sick but not deathly but they get dehidrated really fast watch his gumms so they dont become a patchie wight

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah, i do notice that he's been drinking a lot of water, but i figured that it was because he has diahhrea.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I am sorry to hear that :cry: I hope he is ok

I have heard that Greenies can cuase blockages, then I heard it was a myth so I investaged it and found that Greenies can (rarely but can) cause blockage in dog's GI tract...Let your vet know that you give your dog Greenies
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/14/dangerous.dogtreat/index.html#

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
You need to take the dog to the vet.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Sounds like it could be a blockage that is causing his insides to bleed putting the blood in the stool. Anytime you get to the point of blood in the stool... A vet is needed ASAP

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Just wondered, your post said he was going to the vet today. Any update on your boy? Hope he's ok. :(

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
blood in the stool could be several things. When Heidi was having problems, I was told that if there was a little blood streaked on the stool, it wasn't usually a huge deal but if the stool itself is blackish or looks like it has coffee grounds in it, then it's a big problem and needs to be treated asap. I wouldn't take any chances. I hope he's ok.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bowser said:
Hi, i'm really concern... my EB had diahhrea for the past threedays now. I suspected that there was blood in his stool yesterday and today, there was a lot of blood when I wiped his butt. (It's been getting darker and darker here so I couldn't see what the color of his stool were for the past two days.) He's acting normal and sleeping as much as he usually does. He's not throwing up, not coughing, nothing.

His diet has not changed; he's been eating Royal Canin Bulldog 24 for months now so I dont think it's the food. His treats are from Petco (about 6 pieces of animal crackers throughout the day) and a Greenie a day. All of this is nothing new. We dont feed him human food and we monitor everything he eats, so we know he didn't eat anything foreign.

Can anyone tell me what's going on? I'm also taking him to the vet tomorrow, but I wanted to know if anyone had gone through the same experience with their dog??? Please help!
how is your dog??????
was just wondering.......i worry alot.....
mine went thru something like that.......but they did not eat either.......
nor drink water.......
i had no clue........
turned out to be parvo......but my vet rocks......and he saved them all for under 200 bux and home treatment......
someone had brought their puppy to play with mine and it was sick
they were on their last shot.....so they unfortunately got sick
i hope it was nothing this severe.....
it was horrible to go thru with them.....
but happy ending for them
i hope yours is as well........
let us know

·
Registered
20 Posts
Blood in stool

Go to your vet. I had a similar problem due to skin antibiotics, he was given an injection of Centrine and now is taking 500mg of Sulfasalazine every twelve hours. He also reccomended (2) tablespoons of yogurt with active cultures to get the good bacteria back in his system. I can tell you this seems to have worked wonders in the last 24 hours. What a change from yesterday. Anyway do not wait too long so your dog does not get dehydrated, just my 2c keep us posted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts