Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eversince nelson was a puppy his eyes are always red especially in the corners. he always looks like he's just been swimming in a clorinated swimming pool. is that normal? does anyone elses bully have red eyes?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Scarlet has red eyes all the time...since she was a pup too...we actually went to the vet about 2-3 weeks ago and brought it up to the vets attention and he said it was most likely from allergies (she had other symptoms too). She just has always had red eyes!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh good so we're not alone. :wink: when nelson was a puppy ppl used to always comment on how red his eyes were. and i always thought it was because he was tired coz he used to sleep heaps when he was a puppy. and everytime he was up and about, he'd always JUST woken up. but they're still red and a freind commented on them again a few days ago and i just wanted to make doubly sure its ok.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
It may not be so good if its allergies....does he scratch at them or rub them? We actually got some eye drops from the vet (perscription but only $10-15) and they worked immediatly...the minute they were in...they where white! We were just cautious becuse they were bothering her...but if his dont bother him it may not be a problem...Scarlets got real bad before we took her to the vet and the vet said its oak pollen season here and thats prolly what it is!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Chassis has the same problem with her eyes, especially after she's been outside for a while. I'm not sure why.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have the same problem with Zack. The vet said it was most likely allergies. He said I could give him a Benadryal (sp?) and after he has been playing outside, use a few saline drops in his eye to help flush out any allergens. It is almost spring and the pollen is so bad already!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
On Maxine, I use Equate (Wal-Mart brand) eye drops with allergy relief. It works wonders. The vet said it was fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts