Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bella has been pooing blood covered poo for over a week now. We have been to the vet who believes there is something wrong with her colon. She has been on antibotics for 7 days now of a 10day course but little has improved so we will probably take her back early next week for an X-ray. The Vet treated it like a regular occurence, and aside from the disturbing appearance of her poo all else is fine. She is eating normally (a good dry food and raw meaty bones e.g chicken necks with yoghurt or fish oil or an egg) with some bran added to her diet for fibre, and she completely herself in every other way.
has anyone experienced this before?

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
I have. I hate to scare you, but when that happened to my girl, she was diagnosed with IBS and given prednisone, which helped. But every time we stopped the treatment, she would get sick again. It was cancer. Lymphatic. When it first started, they took x-rays, and the vet saw something she thought might be unusual, but could be explained away, so they treated conservatively and missed the cancer. When they do the x-rays, if even the least little thing looks out of place, seek a second opinion. :cry:

·
Registered
99 Posts
We did, way back when we switched Vega from puppy to dog food, but that was because I made the switch a bit too abruptly (knucklehead that I am). A little Science Diet Rx helped immensely.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
racmoo said:
oh no. what is IBS? did she seem well?
Irritable Bowl Syndrome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts