Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that food is pretty much a personal issue. I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried blue buffalo. Went to pet smart today and they had a rep there. I know I'm a sucker but the ingredients were pretty amazing so i got a bag for 38. www.bluebuff.com

·
Registered
98 Posts
I use the large puppy mix but so far im not sure if Jerry likes it or can handle it.. Ive gone through a 20lb bag so far and when its time to feed him he doesnt go crazy over it and his poops arnt right yet... i might switch to DVP or Harvest Baked

http://www.bluebuff.com/

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
total time in bowl 2min with a 50 royalcainin 50 BB mix. I guess i'll find out more when I switch all the way over in a few days.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think im going to try somthing different tommorow. He doesnt seem to care about Blue Buffalo... Ive had him on it for nearly 3wks and he hasnt ate a whole bowl in 1 sitting.. I give him 2 1/2 cups and he eats half in the morning, other half at lunch and same for dinner. But he is growing he's 32lbs at 13wks :)But he loves my other dogs food, shes my 10yr old lab Jesse. So today I added 1/2 of Jesses food in w/ Jerrys and he went to town. Now I have to make a choice again on foods and im leaning toward Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Ultra Premium, it says for all life stages so I can feed it to both.. Anyone know how this is for pups? It says for all life stages. And would it be good for a OEB..

·
Registered
66 Posts
We've been feeding Nirto Blue Buffalo since we got him in April - first the chicken and now the lamb. He loves it. The problem is that ever since we've had had, his poo has never been "normal" which we thought was a result of bacteria/parasite or something like that. (He was originally found in a dumpster). Its been an up an down thing with him, and several vet trips later - it looks like its the food that is causing the problems. I think he's allergic to something in it, I just don't know what yet. I do think its a really good food though. Any suggestions for another food to try that is comparable?

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
The last food i had was Blue buffalo, and i had switched from Eukanuba. He liked the taste, but all the
veggies was too rich for him and he was GASSY...peewhew (more so than ever)! Also his skin problems didn't go away, just got worse. So i switched him over to DVP duck/potato for allergies, it is only one veggie and one meat and
a MIRICLE happened, after one month,he HAS NOT FARTED! \:D/ Also his coat is shiney and soft!
From what i've read on here, lots of OEB and bullies are eating DVP and the package gives
portion size for puppies. I've also read alot about switching puppies to adult dog food, esp. these
large breeds. Seems "large breed puppy food" just makes them prone to grow too fast which isn't good.
Blue Buffalo seems like a good food (not alot of fillers), so keep trying and if your happy with results, great!
Remember, every dog is different..and as long as the food isn't "OL ROY", your doing good! :lol:
his poo has never been "normal"
I had that problem too on Blue Buffalo, it was runny and light colored. Normal poop on DVP.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Sophie didn't take well to the Natural Balance Ultra Premium - it upset her system. But all of the other dogs did well on it. They all also did well on the duck and potato. I had them on Harvest Baked for a while, and their poops were ENORMOUS!!! :shock: Eeww.

·
Registered
44 Posts
had my OEB on blue when i first got him. they gave me a free bag or something and i got suckered in. as stated above, his poop wasn't consistent, at first, thought it was him being sick or something. he farted all the time as well. cleared the living room everytime. lol.

switched over to DVP duck and potato. poop is firm. coat is healthier. and he seems to be much happier in temperment. my dog eats anything, so it wasn't an issue switching foods. he eats it all in less than a minute. then he barfs in his mouth and swallows it. he will never learn, lol.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
then he barfs in his mouth and swallows it. he will never learn, lol.
:lol:
Orson does that but on the floor...luckily he cleans it right back up! :pukeright:
That is weird that the blue makes them fart, and runny poo...guess it is too rich.
I get maybe a fart a week now out of him. \:D/

·
Registered
44 Posts
OrsonDogge said:
Orson does that but on the floor...luckily he cleans it right back up! :pukeright:
well, i guess tank has learned. he used to do that and lick it all up. now he just keeps his mouth shut, barfs in his mouth, and swallows it. :pukeleft:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts