Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Agent Squint
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please can anyone give me some advice on how to stop Roxy bolting out the garden gate when it is opened. Marlee never runs off, but every opporutnately to bolt Roxy's off.

·
Agent Squint
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It would break my heart if she got hit by a car. Thats why I'm here asking... She is very high drive.

I do make her sit and wait at the gate when we are off out for walkies, but if we are in the garden and someone enters she is off, she will even knee cap the person on the way out so she can't be chased, infact anyone that goes to grab her on her great escape she just heads them in the knee.

Thank you Peter, I will set her up. I have tried that before, but not as she gets to the gate line, just as she goes to bolt. Also we aren't allowed the use of pinch collars here in the uk, they would take Roxy away from me (thats another topic) plus u can't buy them over here. The collar she is wearing is what we use for correction :oops:

1 question, will that work say if she see's a squirrel or cat when the gate is open. My trainer reckons I'm wasting my time trying to stop here chasing prey.

Oh another question, I like her high prey drive, love watching her trying to catch the rabbits when we are out in the countryside, but can I train her so she can only do this when I say so?

·
Agent Squint
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LegendsMami said:
Roxy said:
Also we aren't allowed the use of pinch collars here in the uk, they would take Roxy away from me (thats another topic) plus u can't buy them over here. The collar she is wearing is what we use for correction :oops:
Oh wow! I didnt know they dont allow pinch collars in the UK. So I guess the ones that look like this are out too. http://www.aboutdogtraining.com/panel.php?5
omg they look evil, your pulling my leg.....u guys don't serious use them :shock:

·
Agent Squint
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They look so harsh. I think the belief over here is that them sort of correction collars can lead to human aggression. Dog not knowing where the pain is coming and associates it with the owner.

I would like to get Roxy a pinch collar. I have seen 1 site that sold them with a flat collar attached to the outsdie to hide the pinch collar. Tho I'm not quite sure what i would do if I got caught using it :/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.