Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am able to get bones for Harley at the butchers. He always has tons and he leaves a bit of meat on them for her. What I am wondering is how much is to much? She loves them and really enjoys eating them sometimes she can chow one in a day is it ok to give her a new one the next day? Or is that to often?

Kelly

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I think it's alright but just bumping it up incase someone knows for sure

·
Registered
703 Posts
You may want to limit how often you give raw bones. With my past experience I learned the hard way! My previous dog Cody (German Sheppard) loved bones and my husband would bring him home a whole cow leg every other week or so. After awhile knawling on the bones he began to have problems with his teeth. So just becareful and keep a check on their teeth.

·
Registered
46 Posts
oreo gets the runs after too many bones.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I get the frozen beef marrow bones. They're supper strong and don't have alot of fat or meat on them. I've bought raw hambones before and Chico was able to shatter it into peices and swallow large chunks it really freaked me out. The peices that I took away were as sharp as glass! The place that I get mine from told me that it was ok to feed them pretty often but my dogs mostlylick the marrow out. I don't see them grinding too much.

I have a question though. Since they are raw, is it ok to let the dog chew on them the next day since they've been sitting out all night. Sometimes I'll forget to throw it away and I'll find one of the dogs carrying it around the next day and I worry that they will get food poisening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts