Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does neone own any boston terriers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
I recently rescued one and my mom wound up with him. He is a fantastic dog! A little hyper for my taste, but a great dog nontheless. He is very smart. He knows soooo many tricks. He is a little stubborn, but they are considered a bull breed so I wouldn't expect anything less..LOL If you like the AB's, hyperness wise, then you would like a boston terrier :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,413 Posts
Teehee - it cracks me up when everyone talks about their AB's being hyper. You all need to borrow Buster for a while - but you'll have to wake him up first. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,975 Posts
augrad said:
Teehee - it cracks me up when everyone talks about their AB's being hyper. You all need to borrow Buster for a while - but you'll have to wake him up first. :lol:
I hear ya on that one. I always tease my husband and tell him that Chico is like having a really expensive pet rock! Heidi on the other hand.... :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
Chico.Heidi said:
augrad said:
Teehee - it cracks me up when everyone talks about their AB's being hyper. You all need to borrow Buster for a while - but you'll have to wake him up first. :lol:
I hear ya on that one. I always tease my husband and tell him that Chico is like having a really expensive pet rock! Heidi on the other hand.... :shock:
LOL...Now thats my kind of dog! I like em a little on the lazy side. I wish mine were like owning pet rocks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,064 Posts
Love them!

Boston Terrier's and AB's have to be the best dogs to own together, they compliment each other so well!

If you like Boston's but want a dog with a bit more substance, Boston Bulldogges are awesome as well. The BB is a bit more sturdy/hardy, they are free whelpers, do not require invitro or c-sections, and supposedly are work-able. I've been heavily interested in Boston Bulldogges myself for years. Been searching and searching for the perfect ones, to the point where I was wanting to breed just in order to create what in my eyes was the perfect Boston, but have just recently found what I was looking for.

However, Boston Terriers make great city apartment pets (lower maintenance) and like Mary says - they have awesome personality. :D
 

·
Agent Squint
Joined
·
3,627 Posts
Re: Love them!

redbull said:
Boston Terrier's and AB's have to be the best dogs to own together, they compliment each other so well!

If you like Boston's but want a dog with a bit more substance, Boston Bulldogges are awesome as well. The BB is a bit more sturdy/hardy, they are free whelpers, do not require invitro or c-sections, and supposedly are work-able. I've been heavily interested in Boston Bulldogges myself for years. Been searching and searching for the perfect ones, and have just recently found what I was looking for.

However, Boston Terriers make great city apartment pets (lower maintenance) and like Mary says - they have awesome personality. :D
I'm interested in both the BT and the BB. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction, since you've recently found the perfect BB?

Thanks,

~S
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,064 Posts
For registered OBB's I'm liking Wired and O'Klassic. They to me look more like the original BB

http://www.freewebs.com/boston_bulldogges/index.htm

http://www.freewebs.com/oklassicbostonbulls/index.htm

However, it is to my understanding, and I think it is very possible that somewhere along the line, additional EB blood was crossed back in. To me that would be an explanation to how these currently exist ( just like OEB, some ppl say that their lines are from "original bulldogs" and have not been outcrossed - So then where does Dave Levitt fit into that?? ). Imo, and this is just my opinion, if there was to be an outcross, a better choice would have been to an AB, and then back to a large BT, taking the smallest dogs from the litter and breeding those so as not to go outside of the OBB's standard. That's a smarter way to have gone about it but again, just my opinion and speculation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
807 Posts
Re: Love them!

redbull said:
Boston Terrier's and AB's have to be the best dogs to own together, they compliment each other so well!
I've actually experienced the opposite. We rescued a male (neutered) Boston before we got Torco andhe was SO dominant over Torco when he came - and Torco was only 8 weeks old! He started peeing all over the house, humping Torco and attacking him and crying all night long in his crate. I think it might have been different had it been a female, but we had been waiting a long time for Torco and couldn't risk the Boston getting hurt in the long run, so we gave him back. :(

A friend of mine just her Boston of 13 yrs. killed by her other 3 dogs. Boston's definitely have an AB personality trapped in a mini-me body! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,064 Posts
Re: Love them!

RED said:
redbull said:
Boston Terrier's and AB's have to be the best dogs to own together, they compliment each other so well!
I've actually experienced the opposite. We rescued a male (neutered) Boston before we got Torco andhe was SO dominant over Torco when he came - and Torco was only 8 weeks old! He started peeing all over the house, humping Torco and attacking him and crying all night long in his crate. I think it might have been different had it been a female, but we had been waiting a long time for Torco and couldn't risk the Boston getting hurt in the long run, so we gave him back. :(

A friend of mine just her Boston of 13 yrs. killed by her other 3 dogs. Boston's definitely have an AB personality trapped in a mini-me body! :)

Yeah you have to be really careful with multiple male bully's, would have been best to have a female BT with male AB, that's what I've mainly seen without any troubles at all. But in your case it was a rescue so you did not have the option to choose, that's too bad it didn't work out :( They can make an awesome team if it does.

A friend of mine also owns a male BT and female AmStaff, and they also do really well together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
Re: Love them!

redbull said:
Yeah you have to be really careful with multiple male bully's, would have been best to have a female BT with male AB, that's what I've mainly seen without any troubles at all. But in your case it was a rescue so you did not have the option to choose, that's too bad it didn't work out :( They can make an awesome team if it does.

A friend of mine also owns a male BT and female AmStaff, and they also do really well together.
Yeah, Chassis is our female AB and they played WONDERFUL together.... before we got Torco. I really wish it could have worked out, too.:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I have a Boston!!! I love the little guy to pieces!!!!

He's pretty bossy over my two APBT's, but we've been working on that.

He likes to chase the cats....we're working on that.

He poops in the bath tub........*sigh* we're working on that.

He's not overly hyper but I've heard that's the exception, not the rule.

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,607 Posts
lovebeingme76 said:
I have a Boston!!! I love the little guy to pieces!!!!

He's pretty bossy over my two APBT's, but we've been working on that.

He likes to chase the cats....we're working on that.

He poops in the bath tub........*sigh* we're working on that.

He's not overly hyper but I've heard that's the exception, not the rule.

:D
That's hilarious! Poor little guy sounds like he's a handful! :lol:
Doesn't it crack you up when something like a boston terrier rules over the pitbulls??? My mom's pug bosses my boxer & pit and it's hilarious!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
BanterBull---If you are interested in a BB, I would definately go with James at Wired Kennels! He does health screen and work his dogs. I am not saying the others are bad, I just don't know alot about them.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top