Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now heres a picture of Faith.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you think the chances are? They look exactly the same.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
They do look a lot alike, but I don't see boxer or whippet in that dog. If they don't know exactly how old the dog is, they don't know where he came from. Take it from a rescuer, when it comes to breed, we are just guessing. :wink: :D But hey, if you need to tell your neighbor Faith is a whippet mix, go for it! :D

·
Registered
594 Posts
augrad said:
They do look a lot alike, but I don't see boxer or whippet in that dog. If they don't know exactly how old the dog is, they don't know where he came from. Take it from a rescuer, when it comes to breed, we are just guessing. :wink: :D But hey, if you need to tell your neighbor Faith is a whippet mix, go for it! :D
You took the words right outta my mouth. They will just draw from a hat to find a breed. It is crazy to see some of the mixes they come up with.

·
Registered
212 Posts
apbtgurl26: a whippet is a smallish dog that looks like a mini greyhound

Maybe it'll be the new designer breed - but what'll they call it? Whixer? Boppet? Unless it has poo on the end it just doesn't sound as cute!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had never heard of a whippet either. But I have looked on the internet and found some pictures of some that are brindle and thier face looks like Faith. I have always wondered in the back of my head if her brindle didn't come from a boxer. She has a very wiggly butt like my sister in laws boxer and she boxes like a boxer. But who knows. I just know if you look up whippet boxer mixes on the internet you will find some dogs that look alot like Faith.

But yes if I could show this to my neighbor, maybe she would stop being such a freak about Faith. I doubt it but who knows. All I know is no matter what she is, she is not going anywhere because she is my baby so neighbor might as well get use to her or move.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I don't think that dog is a boxer/whippet (IMO). Faith could be crossed with either of those, but I think there is APBT, AmStaff, or Staff somewhere in her. If I showed you a pic of my cousins dog you would think faith is her twin! She is APBT with boxer way way back in there somewhere. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts