Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend's brother (I believe) is thinking about buying this dog from a breeder.
He said the guy has a normal job (breeding is not his job) and a family.
he says that when he e-mails him, he takes days to get back to him with his answers.

Does this sound like a good breeder or a bad one?

I'm not sure what to tell him because I don't really know.

Do you think he's not answering him quickly because he's too busy with work, family, and taking care of puppies?
Or does he simply not care enough to answer questions fast?

Should he be checking his e-mail often and replying, or is it good that he doesn't have time to check his e-mail?
In other words, do you think he's taking good care of his dogs and puppies (and that's why he's busy)?
Or does he not have enough time to take care of his dogs, therefore my friend's bro shouldn't buy one from him?

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
I think there's alot better criteria to go by than how fast a breeder answers email. I wouldn't worry about that. Maybe they jst aren't too computer savvy or like you said, they're busy with their "day job" and family and puppies. If the rest of his ethics are in check, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no idea, my friend just asked me if breeders are supposed to answer you quickly.
I'm like, I don't know I'm not a breeder.
:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wouldn't take it as a bad thing that he doesn't get back straight away with answers to email. Not everyone sits at their computer all day(like me- :lol: ), if the breeder has stated that he has a real job and family, not to mention pups, I'm sure he is a very busy person. Puppies take up an extreme ammount of time. I agree, check out his other credentials, that is where you will find the answer to rather he is a good breeder or not. As long as he is eventually answering your friend's questions, I would say that's a good thing and maybe your friend just needs to be a little more patient.

Megan

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
It might not be a bad thing. The pups and his family prob take up most of his time. Pups are alot of work. Also, If it were me, I'd prob do a google search on the prospective buyers email adress and name just to see what comes up before replying back. You get alot of wierdos emailing you for pups, as well as those internet scammers. Maybe your friend could send another email, letting the guy know they are still interested and to get in touch when he can.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll tell him that, thanks. He said the breeder has since written back with his personal e-mail address and phone number.
I told him to just call him instead of e-mailing him. :roll:

Of course I suggested he go to a rescue, but he won't listen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.