Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3 year old boxer female is ready to breed and my male breds her but he can not stay hang on her,he only stays stuck for a minute or less when she moves he comes out of her,i have bred him to other boxer females and nnever had any trouble,does anyone think this is long enough for her to be breed?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Prehaps you could ask your vet, preferably the one that did the heart, hip and tyroid tests on your female prior to trying to breed her.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Re: my thought

boxerlover5 said:
I thought it was a dumb question to ask a vet
There are no dumb questions, especailly when it comes to something as important as breeding animals

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
replies to my post

you know what i heard about this web site from a friend,i thought this was a sit to get simple anwsers to sinple questions,I love ny dogs and my vet knows this,they have probly been tested for more things than yours has,my boxers have champion bloodlines all the way up there tree and they to well be champions someday,the only stupied question i ask was on here to follow breeders who is suppose to help or at least try to,but when i get replies like i have gotten it is simplie because you don't know. :twisted: :evil:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Noone got smart with you, if thos replies offended you....then maybe you should read some other breeding threads on here..lol

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Sennin said:
maybe you should read some other breeding threads on here..lol
Lol, very true.

Seriously though, I dont understand how you could possibly interpret any answer you received as smart a**.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
This person probably interpreted jazzysmom's post as an insinuation that he/she most likely did not have those tests done. Since in reality, breeders who have that sort of knowledge to follow through with testing, usually don't come on here asking questions. But yeah, when you compare it to the other questions in the breeding section, I'd say they were pretty easy on him/her! :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hmmm...well i'm not going to apologize for hurting any feelings, but I don't think what I said was [email protected]@ in any way and I didn't mean to come off as that way. I'm not a breeded and never plan on breeding one of my babies. But I would think that one who does breed would have a vet or a mentor that they could consult for answers, no matter how dumb they think it sounds, because thats what their there for. I would rather ask a dumb question and know then to not ask and then have something horrible happen to one of my babies! And besides that, if you say the female won't let the male stay on, maybe she's trying to tell you she don't want to be bred :roll:

"There are no dumb questions, especailly when it comes to something as important as breeding animals"

I totally agree!!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I don't find anyone getting rude. Maybe you really should read other topics on here. I think that it is perfectly normal to ask your vet that question. Your vet has probally heard every question in the book anyway.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
ambull040769 said:
Just keep letting them go at it everyday till she wont let him on her. Even if they dont tie she can still get pregnant!
Lol!2 funny! Just so blunt!

·
Registered
14 Posts
to billy thomas

Billy
I think that all females are different when it comes to their heat cycle and breeding. Although I have never had the same situation I have heard of such a thing happening. Sometimes mother nature works in misterious ways. Not every female can have puppies just like every human female cannot reproduce. If in fact she becomes pregnant then it was ment to be. I believe that it is very possible that she is bred. Its not how long they stick it, it how many ~0 enter.
Mandy

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
Jazzysmom said:
Prehaps you could ask your vet, preferably the one that did the heart, hip and tyroid tests on your female prior to trying to breed her.
I can understand why he/she would think this is a [email protected]$$ed answer. But, that doesn't mean it WAS. Also, I'm learning here too, why would you have to have a Boxer's hips tested? I thought that was a breed specific thing. Is the heart and thyroid testing specific to Boxers, certain breeds, or all breeds?

~S

·
Registered
21 Posts
Boxers are prone to hip dysplasia and heartissues. Don't know about thyroid.
She should also check for spondylosis.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.