Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im new to the bored. my name is scott and im located in N.J.

my question is, i have 2 black american pitbull terriers who i absolutly adore. and i want to start a kennel around my area, breeding, rescue and what not.

my dogs are 6 and 5 months old, and i was curious when would be the right time to breed them to ensure a healthy litter?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
If you truely want to start a good honest kennel, wait until your pups are at least 2 years of age. That way they are fully grown so when you do your health testing (hip, NCL, etc) they will be accurate since the dogs are finished growing.

Since you love your dogs so much and obviously love the pit bull breed, I'm assuming that you want to better the breed and bring more worthy pit bulls into this world. In order to do this, on top of health testing, you need to prove your dogs worthy. They may be worthy in your eyes because you love them, but you need to work them to make sure there are no underlying faults that you just can't see. By working them and showing them, all their traits and faults will be brought out and then you will be able to determine whether your 2 dogs are worthy enough to be breed.

I would suggest going to some kennels, talking to well known and infomed breeders and learning more. Go to clubs and shows and see what is out there and gain as much information as you can about starting a kennel, raising pups and breedings dogs.

This will take a few years, but if your dogs are awesome enough and worthy enough to be breed then it doesnt matter how long you have to wait cause the pups will turn out good whether your dogs are 2 yrs old or 5 years old

check out this link too for some more information http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=2495

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would like to thank you for that very imformative answer. it really did help and was very understandable. right now i am in the process of getting the dogs registered since the person which the dogs were purchased from did not. once that is done, i planned on taking them to a few weight pull event and some confirmation shows if they are respectably local. i wish the world would accept these dogs like they do any other breed which are statistically proven to attack more unprevocted(sp?) than a bully breed. my girlfriend never liked pitbulls or bully breeds for that matter until we got mine. ah i guess no matter how hard you try people are truly stubborn in their own ways.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.