Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
More BYBs need to watch this - but it won't sink in because they don't care.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Our shelter in this county puts down something like 1000 animals a months. It's incredible. I don't know how the person who's job it is can get up for work each day. There was an article in the paper about it, and they put down like 50 a day, all day long.

But the papers are full of ads every day. I guess I am part of the problem, because I bought my dogs from a BYB, but in my defense, at the time I had no idea, and this site has educated me quite a bit.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
threebulls said:
I guess I am part of the problem, because I bought my dogs from a BYB, but in my defense, at the time I had no idea, and this site has educated me quite a bit.
Hey, we've all made mistakes....as long as we don't repeat them then it was a learning process.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Lylasmum said:
Got to the pic just past the puppies in a row on the table....can't watch.
:(
Me too! I saw that and turned it off. I know what goes on so I don't need to see it. I got a pound puppy and wanted to take ALL of them home. BYB should be band.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
I saw an advertisement and the person called herself a "hobby breeder." Since when did adding to the shelter population qualify as a hobby? Maybe someone should teach her crochet.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Kasco said:
threebulls said:
I guess I am part of the problem, because I bought my dogs from a BYB, but in my defense, at the time I had no idea, and this site has educated me quite a bit.
Hey, we've all made mistakes....as long as we don't repeat them then it was a learning process.
Threebulls - you aren't the only one. I also bought both of mine from byb's, and also to my defense, I didn't know any better, and this site has taught me so much it's unbelievable!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I really need to learn NOT to watch stuff titled "upsetting" or "tissue warning" and all that! I'm bawling...Those pictures were very heart wrenching. I wish i could save them all.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hate to see it, and it breaks my heart. I guess the breeder Dixie came from was "part"byb, and the fact of what happened to my Dixie. All I can do is breathe a sigh of releif that the pups I was responsible for bringing onto this earth will NEVER be part of that! Thank the good LORD!

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Sad vid.

I honestly think people need to really change the term "BYB". Most, if not all qualified and ethical breeders have their kennels on their property. The term really makes no sense tbh. Who came up with this? It's a bit misleading I find. Puppy miller, or something else is better than byb. Plus, byb to me means bring your booze lol. Sorry, just thought I'd bring it up in here because the name 'byb' really should be changed.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I like the term puppy peddler

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
ya same, that sounds a lot better, but it doesn't count in all these people who do the "one off" "need to breed my bitch once before I fix her" type people.

There has to be a better name to group all these people, I just can't think of it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Try doing rescue, that is HEART BREAKING to say the least... you go to the shelter and need to "pull" what few you have room for or foster homes for and walking out that door you realize that everyone one of those faces left behind will be put to sleep (PTS in rescue language) as soon as you leave... God, I hate that... I have made it a point to have someone do my pulls for me and then I meet with them to pick up the dogs that I have rescued!!! :(

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
peeblerelf said:
I really need to learn NOT to watch stuff titled "upsetting" or "tissue warning" and all that! I'm bawling...Those pictures were very heart wrenching. I wish i could save them all.
Your not the only one. What makes me really said is we got our baby from a rescue.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Very sad movie, people need to stop and think about there actions. The video was created in 1999 and I couldnt beileve the #'s they where claiming. I can only imagine what the #'s of homeless animals are now. Back yard breeding must be completly out of control and it just makes me sick, I wish there was more I could do. :cry: :cry:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts