Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone out there tell me how i can breed my dog and bitch as ive tried twice,the first time she absorbed the pups ,the second time she missed,could this be because they are kennel mates and are always together?

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
I think you should post this in the breeding section. Sorry, I don't know a lot about breeding so I can't give you any advice.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Timing is everything when it comes to sucessful breeding. Best results come with testing through vaginal cytology and progesterone levels in the blood. Cytologies look at the types and shapes of cells in the vaginal lining that help us predict when ovulation will occur. Progesterone levels also help us predict when ovulation will occur based on the level of progesterone in the blood. If you have had a resorbed litter, check the bitches thyroid level and consider persuing antibiotics to get rid of any infection in the uterus. The first breeding I did with Chaos resulted in resorbed pups approx half way through gestation and we believe it was due to a low grade uterine infection as her thyroid results were normal.

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
good questions hope you dont get beraded too bad here !good :wink: luck !it's been known to happen from time to time ! :roll:around here

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks its probably a good thing this bitch is having trouble conceiving?

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I love reading a good debate. It keeps it interesting on here on slow days. Sorry. :oops:

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
" Am I the only one who thinks its probably a good thing this bitch is having trouble conceiving?"

nope, you ain't the only one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts