Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually have a solid white am bulldog which I recently bred to my brothers solid white am pit bull. She is 30 days along so we will see what we get. She has an awesome big sized head with really wrinkly forehead. Her lips hang down and she is very stocky. The male pit has a large head but short and stocky.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Isn't that special. :twisted: . Not only did you just do a totally frivolous breeding to create more mutts and add to the pet overpopulation, but by the looks of that picture when you enlarge it , it appears you used an AB with skin problems to boot! Why on earth would you breed your AB to a pit bull, let alone breed a dog with health problems? Talk about being selfish and irresponsible. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

BTW, trim your poor dogs nails. I hope you care for the puppies better than it appears you care for that poor bitch.

PS I hope this is just a troll that took me for a ride, can people really be this stupid? Oh ya reality check, they can!! :evil: What a sad, pathetic world we live in.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My dog's skin

For one you are a very rude person. Two my dog was just out getting excercise when I let her in and took a pic of her. She has dirt on her legs from running outside. Three my dog see's the vet next week for her check up, nail clippings, exam, etc.. Would you like me to continue know it all.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
For one you are a very rude person.
Trust me, I would much rather be considered "rude" than to be considered a selfish, ignorant, backyard breeder flooding the world with mixed breed puppies that serve no purpose other than padding pockets and adding to the pet overopulation.

Your dog does look dirty, but it also looks like it has a skin problem. Like I said, time to groom your dog, nail clippers aren't that expensive.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Re: My dog's skin

angela doran said:
For one you are a very rude person. Two my dog was just out getting excercise when I let her in and took a pic of her. She has dirt on her legs from running outside. Three my dog see's the vet next week for her check up, nail clippings, exam, etc.. Would you like me to continue know it all.

Everybody around here does not agree with BYB ( back yard breeders). Breeding should only be left up to responsible people who have PROVEN dogs, not proven pets. Dogs that have been shown and worked. By breeding your bitch you COULD have added to the amount of homeless dogs in shelters. With out proper health testing, not just a vet check up, I mean real testing, Hips, elbows, HCL. You have no idea what kinda health problems your pups will have.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
health check ups

Her father is a show dog and from champion bloodlines. I have had hips checked and no prob there. I have never bred her before and this is the only time bc she is my child and I won't ruin her that way. She has had blood drawn and skin checked and still has a clean bill of health. But thanks for ya'lls kind advice.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Re: health check ups

angela doran said:
Her father is a show dog and from champion bloodlines. I have had hips checked and no prob there. I have never bred her before and this is the only time bc she is my child and I won't ruin her that way. She has had blood drawn and skin checked and still has a clean bill of health. But thanks for ya'lls kind advice.
just wondering who is her Father, what kinda bloodlines??

·
Registered
551 Posts
My significant other wanted to breed Harley. I told him no even before we found out that we had no breeding rights. If this had been an "accidental" breeding it wouldn't be as bad to take but I used to work at the SPCA here where I live and one of the hardest animals to place is a pit bull type dog. You have to be extremely careful what type of people you place them with and a lot of times placing with other animals and children is not an option. You should go volunteer or get a job at your local SPCA and shelter then you would see why this is so upsetting. Putting animals to sleep because of overpopulation NOT illness is one of the hardest things I have ever had to assist with. It's easier with illness but still leaves a big sadness.

Kelly

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
breeding

Like I said she was only bred bc my brother has the male and I have several family members ( I have a large family) who wants a puppy. She was not bred to make a mutt or make money. I am keeping a puppy to add to my family and so is my brother. I have lots and lots of immediate family who is also taken a pup.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I almost always stay out of these types of posts. Mainly because I don't want to get into it. But one thing that irks me to no end.... well this dog comes from such and such bloodlines so I'm going to breed and use the Father's/mother's/ grand parents BLODDLINE to sell the pups.

I may be wrong here... But IMO... A dogs bloodline is a + to the dog ONLY after the dog in question has been proven to be worthy of reproducing. Meaning... health tests, and a few titles of thier own and so on. Just because a "pet" has such and such in their blood line doesn't mean they should breed.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Re: breeding

angela doran said:
Like I said she was only bred bc my brother has the male and I have several family members ( I have a large family) who wants a puppy. She was not bred to make a mutt or make money. I am keeping a puppy to add to my family and so is my brother. I have lots and lots of immediate family who is also taken a pup.
good luck with that :roll:

if a rescuer had a dollar for every litter they got from people who said "everyone wanted our puppies so we bred them but then nobody wanted a puppy after they were old enough to go to their homes..and we just cant care for them"

happens all the time....everyone wants a beautiful puppy from your beautiful dogs..then when those pups are 8 weeks old.....magically all those people are nowhere to be found or just couldnt possibly take the pup because things changed :roll:

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Thought this is suited to be posted here. Pedigree really does make your dog breedable, just like alf said.

Pedigree: What your dog is supposed to be.
Conformation: What your dog appears to be.
Performance and temperment: What your dog IS.

Oh yeah, temperment can never really be judged until the dog has been worked, and had alot of pressure put on her.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
puppies

If that will be the case I have several different animals including dogs and I have a huge back yard and lots of indoors space. I would take them all if that's how it turns out. I am an animal lover and have pets from spca including cats.dogs.birds. I willingly go to the humane society to play with the animals and possibly bring one home every weekend. I am not selling these pups to whom it may concern. I love all animals I mean my gosh my house is a zoo with room to be filled.

·
Registered
448 Posts
angela doran said:
I actually have a solid white am bulldog which I recently bred to my brothers solid white am pit bull. She is 30 days along so we will see what we get. She has an awesome big sized head with really wrinkly forehead. Her lips hang down and she is very stocky. The male pit has a large head but short and stocky.

Your pups will have pit in them.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.