Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally we found one that would take a check post dated for tomorrow. Sheesh these people make me crazy. Will keep you updated. . .Thanks for all your thoughts. Im chewing my fingernails right now :(

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
oh my thank god, Keep us up dated!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they have no idea what is up with him, there was "nothing obvious". just to do the workup on him is 450.00, and if he stays overnight its 1500.00 - 3000.00 I do NOT have that kind of money. Jesus. . . Hubby called from the vet and its possible that he has parvo, that is their sneaking suspicion, but they are doing a full blood work up to find out. . . .

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
PARVO! :shock: How can that be if he has all his shots. Well you and Brodie will be in my thoughts and I hope that whatever it is he will be ok really soon.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thats what Im wondering too! He has had all his vaccinations, so I dont know how he could get it then? Hubby has the list of all his vaccines with him too so I dont know! Although, I dont think vaccinations are 100% fool proof. My daughter for example had the vaccine for chickenpox and got them anyway.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I wish him the best.

As for parvo, just like any virus, it's one that is mutating & no vaccine is 100% foolproof. Unfortanely, we are seeing many more parvo cases in dogs that have been vaccinated. Plus, if the vaccines weren't done at a vet's office, one must wonder about the quality of the vaccine (was it allowed to warm up & then cooled down again? b/c once the vaccine reaches room temp, it has a shelf life of 48 hrs or less & that's why feed stores & the like are NOT good places from which to buy vaccines).

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He was such a different dog when I got home today, I took him outside, and he ran downstairs, upstairs, downstairs, upstairs and back down before I got to the sliding glass door to let him out. He was leaping in circles. . . I could tell he felt much better. (VERY RELIEVED)

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Hooray!!! B-I-G HUGS for Brodie!! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts