Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so Deuce has yet another problem. I noticed he has brown rust like coloring under his chin and under his legs (arm pits). I remember reading about this, but couldn't find it and don't know what it is. Any advice would be helpful, as well as remedies. Thaks

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
It was me I believe and Vonna had described it perfectly. It ended up just going away. I had taken pictures of it too. Look for it and I'll help ya look

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Chico has that really badly. I put a wet wash cloth on him for the itching and it turns the cloth the same color. He's had this for about 6mos. now and it's very frustrating. I'm pretty sure it's Candida yeast. If you do a search on the web for systemic or candida yeast, you'll get a whole truckload of info.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just took him to the vet. He just said it could be an allergy. He also said it may be getting infected. He have him antihistamin and an antibiotic. We will see how that works. I wish I knew what caused it though so I could keep it from happening again. He switched food, but it didn't start til a few weeks after the food switch.

·
Registered
775 Posts
try feeding him some satin balls

10 pounds hamburger meat (the cheapest, fattiest kind)
1 lg. box of Total Cereal (or comparable natural brand)
1 lg. box Oatmeal
1 jar of Wheat Germ
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cup of unsulfured molasses
10 raw eggs
10 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
pinch of salt

*you can also add garlic to taste*

*** Mix all ingredients together, much like you would a meatloaf.
Divide into 10 quart freezer bags and freeze. Thaw as needed.***

1 - 7 of 7 Posts