Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new in the game of pits....ive seen alot of dogs that have massive muscles! how would i go about building my dog up like that! i dont want to hurt him or anything! i wanna know whats safe and whats not......thanks

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
tru_pit said:
im new in the game of pits....ive seen alot of dogs that have massive muscles! how would i go about building my dog up like that! i dont want to hurt him or anything! i wanna know whats safe and whats not......thanks
The muscle shape depends on your dog parents, some just don't come out naturally buff.

·
Registered
940 Posts
It also hinges on their feed, and amount and type of activity. Common physical activities like fetch, rope tugs, springpoles, flirtpoles, walking and jogging will also contribute to great muscle tone.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
It's about 95% genetics. If your dog is destined to be ripped and muscular, he will be. If not he's not pre-disposed to it and you try to make him look that way anyway, you'll just end up hurting him.

I like the analogy that an APBT should have the build of a lightweight or welter-weight boxer: compact, lean, toned and wirey. Game-bred (aka fighting) APBTs are endurance athletes more than anything and they should look the part.

These things you see looking like Arnold Swarzenegger are mutts, plain and simple.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my pits a jeep/chinaman...well he's only 7 weeks so ill feed and train him good and see what happens! thanks for all the help..

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Cookies Mom said:
game doesn't mean fighting just my 2 cents!
Uh...do you think that gameness is a trait that has been purposely exaggerated in the APBT for some other reason?

I was making a reference to lineage, not saying that game dogs are fighting dogs, per se (although that statement could be a contradiction in itself, depending on how you look at it).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts