Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
606 Posts
LuvaBULL said:
One more thing.. I'm not sure if I can get to it tonight, but I am going to post some videos of Nala's behavior, so hopefully you guys can help me evaluate her problem and get a better idea of what she needs.

I have also mentioned to some other members, but have not written about here... that she is not doing well health-wise. She is so nervous that she wolfs down her food really fast (like in less than a minute), then she vomits because she practically swallows it all whole. She does eat the vomit (gross)... but yet she still seems to be losing weight. I feed her much more than she actually needs because her bones are showing, but she just isn't thriving.

Maybe she has worms again... I don't know. I just wish I knew what to do with this pup.
I agree with the suggestion to feed a little at a time - BY HAND. Also, I was told to put a ball in their food bowl (tennis ball sized ball).. that way they gotta work to get to the food and it takes them longer to eat... so they're not soffing it down.

· Registered
606 Posts
ULTIMATEK9
What a great post.... it is SO wonderful to see some positive advice.
You can tell you are an expert.
It's so good to see that it's never too late to change a dog...

· Registered
606 Posts
Dear LUVABULL

I agree that you probably have bitten off more than you can chew… but it’s good that you realise this.

We’ve got one dog and I find it hard to keep up..

I work 45 hours a week, and my husband works between 60 and 70 hours.

My husband wants another dog to keep Patch company and I have refused this… not just because our yard is too small, but we barely have enough time for patch let alone another dog! It wouldn’t be fair on either of them. (Not until I stop working, and stay at home to look after any kids we have!)

I think you will find that everyone has a cross to bear….. most people suffer from what I call “sh1*ty life syndrome”… but we learn to do things within limits.

I think you should be commended on your big warm heart, in wanting to look after all 3 bubs… but the reality is mate, you might have to consider giving nala up….

Do you have any close friends or family you could give nala to, which would enable you to still have contact?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.