Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

Bulldog Breeds and Dog Parks don't mix.

118K views 258 replies 101 participants last post by  gazar 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This article is from the Pit Bull Rescue Central's website. This information pertains to all bully breeds, not just pit bulls. American Bulldogs can be dog aggressive just like pit bulls. I thought this was a great article, short, to the point yet gets the information accross.

Permission has been granted from the author to post here.
Original article: http://www.pbrc.net/dogpark.html

PIT BULLS AND DOG PARKS

Some people bring their pit bulls to off-leash dog parks because they want to show the world how wonderful their dog is and dispel the rumors and negative media hype. They trust their dogs because they haven't (yet) shown an ounce of aggression towards anything. This is irresponsible and here's why...

It is a FACT that our pit bulls, AmStaffs and pit mixes come with a built-in fighting heritage. It doesn't matter where we get them from, whether it be the pound, a stray we pick up, or a puppy we buy from a breeder. The majority of pit bulls will, at some point in their lives, exhibit some degree of dog-on-dog aggression. This type of animal aggression is completely separate from human-aggression; a well-socialized pit bull is very good-natured with people. Yet, chances are that a "normal" pit bull will not share his affection with other animals. We cannot predict when or where it will happen and we can't love, train or socialize it out of the dog. Pit bulls may not start a fight, but they will finish it.

It is common to see one dog running out ahead of a pack. This game of chase can easily escalate. Sometimes small scuffles erupt over a toy or tug-o-war, or several dogs gang up one dog, or a wrestling match gets out of hand. This kind of action will be hard for a pit bull to ignore and walk away from.

If your pit bull is involved in a fight at a dog park, it gives purpose to breed-specific legislation and affects the rights of others to own these amazing dogs. Don't set your dog up to fail.

Responsible pit bull owners:

* Research and understand the breed
* Don't put other people's pets at risk
* Keep their dog leashed at all times in public places
* Clean up after their dogs (yes, that means pick up the dog's poop!)
* Vaccinate and license their dogs
* Spay and neuter their dogs
* Train their dogs

Other activities you can enjoy with your pit bull:

* Play fetch in an enclosed tennis court or baseball field
* Ride a bike and have your pit bull jog along
* Walk, jog or hike with your pit bull. Don't forget her bandana!
* Take an obedience class together

Respect your dog and the dogs of others...don't learn the hard way
what your pit bull is capable of.

Download our informational flyer in PDF to print and distribute: http://www.pbrc.net/misc/dogpark.pdf

See less See more
#53 ·
Dog parks

I stop in here from time to time just to see what is going on. This topic amazes me. I'm really not trying to be little anyone or talk down to you but I truly believe that just anyone should not be able to own these breeds. Most have no idea what they are capable of and how quick it can happen or how to separate them when it happens. I doubt most would know what a parting/break stick is. In years past some top champion combat dogs didn't turn on till 3 years old or later.

Some AB's can become very ruff and dog dominate/aggressive; a 100# AB can do very serious damage in just a few seconds and then let some folks start screaming and hollering and watch the dog turn on more. I don't doubt that many people have been to dog parks and had no trouble. As some one mentioned they had seen several bloody fights with lab and JRT types. Wait till you see a pit get on one at a dog park and be focused on the task it will be a site you will not soon forget and pray the other dog is not a pit or bulldog.

I have known pit that were great pets for years and that one time the wrong dog challenged it and that was all it took. So be very careful and pay attention to your dog learn to read your dog so you know what’s going on. Stay close and if you do not know how to separate them when they get hooked up find out it can be very difficult.

#54 ·
do what you want with your dog(s). I bring Zero to leashless parks and he plays and sometimes he just has fun on his own. A Tibetan Mastiff I'd estimate around 250 lbs attacked Zero and there was a fight but I was there to pull my dog off and the TibMast's owner started hitting my dog. Bad idea! The next fight was between him and I and if I was as much an irresponsible owner as he was that would have been his last day at any park.. On a brighter note I've seen pits, bullies do great if there is any breed that shouldn't be there it's the Tibetan Mastiffs as I have read that they are THE most aggressive breed on Earth (although beautiful).

#55 ·
I have an AB and we take him to the dog park all the time. He has been bitten 2 times: once by a AB/Pitbull mix and another time by a Pitbull. My dog was only trying to play with the others and they got upset and bit him (and they did indeed draw blood). My dog would NEVER hurt another pup, he just doesn't have it in him. I wish he did because he tends to get beat up a lot there but it is very important to socialize your dogs from a young age if you want to be able to have the dog around others without him getting upset. By not taking your dogs to the dog park you help feed the bad stigmas that go along with the breed. I owned a Pitbull when I was younger and he acted the way I told him to (meaning if I liked you he was okay and if not he WAS trained to attack on command...no we didn't train him that way but my father got him for me for protection as we lived in a bad neighborhood in AZ). The other dogs that bit mine were older (mine is only 9 months) and probably weren't socialized very much as pups. Also the owner of the AB/Pit mix proceeded to tell me about steroids I could get and give to my dog to make him bigger (hence his owner may have had something to do with the dog's bad disposition). If you are paying attention to your dog and being responsible for his actions nothing bad should happen given he has been around other dogs for awhile.

And before anyone gives me crap for taking my dog to a dog park where he gets bit repeatedly, we don't go to that dog park anymore. We have since found a nicer one where people actually watch their dogs.

#56 ·
"Some dogs love all other dogs.

Some dogs are good with other dogs they know well -- but not with strange dogs.

Some dogs are good ONLY with other dogs of the opposite sex.

Some dogs are tolerant with puppies -- but not with other adult dogs.

Some dogs are fussy about the SIZE of the other dog. They may dislike large dogs. Or they may dislike small dogs.

Some dogs are fussy about the BREED of the other dog. They may be fine with their own breed, but dislike other breeds. Or they may be fine with other breeds, but not with their own!

Some dogs are aggressive or timid with virtually every other dog."
No Dogpark for our future!!

Haitis recently developed an aggressiveness to all other dogs that aren't in his own pack. He is only 7 months old now but today we returned for a refresher intermediate class at our Petsmart training center. He was lunging and growling/snapping at any dog within close range. :( No matter breed, color, or sex. At one point he was lunging and growling but still had his tail wagging. :? Other times he had very dominate posture.

My trainer tried encouraging me to keep him in our present class and also enroll him in Doggie Daycare. She wonders if he might act differently at a Daycare when I wasn't around him but I don't have much faith in that.

I wish I could socialize this characteristic out of him but I won't risk having him attack any other dog, and I don't like the way (some) people looked at him today when he briefly became assertive in their presence. I tried to tell them he was just a pup, more like a teenage boy but I could still feel their stares.

I know I did well making sure all encounters he had with other dogs were as postive as possible, as a young pup. This recent negative disposition and posture in the presence of any strange dog must just come from instinct because he has been neutered since he was 4 months old so I've ruled out sexual maturity.

I can live with this, I guess and be a responsible owner, but it truly breaks my heart because I wanted him to be a socialble boy. I'll probably discontiue his Petsmart training and seek private lessons which can still be rewarding for both of us.

#57 ·
You tried to socialize him, that's all you can do. And every dog IS diffferent. I didn't mean all dogs will overcome aggressiveness if you socialize them. And even though my dog is still pretty young he may end up the same way, not being able to be around others. We did the Petsmart classes too (the Puppy ones). After class 6 we decided not to return. We are now going to an actual dog behaviorist and after only 5 classes our dog is significantly better. I didn't like Petsmart because they don't work on your dog individually. Our new trainer addresses our dog's individual problems and he does a behavior analysis before you even enroll him in class. Petsmart just has a different mindset of what a dog should be and how a dog thinks than our new trainer does. But good luck! :)

#58 ·
I've owned a pit bull as a child and even at that age I knew that pit bulls off leash with other dogs (small or large or dominant or aggressive) was a big no no.

Although he was pretty social around most dogs he did show some signs of aggression around other (never really knew why he was with some and not others).

As an adult I'm fully aware that pit bulls are born with some latent animal aggression and although you may think you have the most social, submissive, non aggressive pit bull ever born to a bitch all it takes is one incident to remind you what these dogs were bred for and what they are capable of doing.

I never understood how anyone could go to a dark park with a dog aggressive, dominant breed (Akitas, Bull dog breeds, Shar-pei, etc) off lead and act shocked when there's an altercation between their dog and another.

It's just owners being ignorant and irresponsible and puts all of those trying to do right by the breed in a tougher situation.

Like someone said earlier, you can go to the park hundreds of times without an incident but as soon as one arises (and trust me, one day it will arise) you're going to have a very sobering life experience that might've been preventable.

#59 ·
What it boils down to is-know your dog. If you have an agressive dog KNOW IT! Don't try to socialize a 4yr old agressive dominate dog...it wont turn out pretty. If you have a well rounded dog then GREAT, but continue to re-enforce good behavior so your dog doesn't become 'that dog'.

I own 3 Boxers that are TOTALLY different. I KNOW this. Xander (the oldest of all three and Male) is as laid back as they come. He loves all people and animals and will love on about everything! I can take him ANYWHERE and feel safe that he will be the best behaved dog there. Bailey (the 'middle child' and only Female) is dominate. She can get female agressive so I know not to take her to most public places. My puppy I am still socializing. He is very curious and it sometimes looks like he will become agressive, but others he is a sweetheart like my Xan-Man. I will know his nature as he gets older...for now he gets socialized and corrected for wrong behavior.

#60 ·
BoxerMom said:
What it boils down to is-know your dog. If you have an agressive dog KNOW IT! Don't try to socialize a 4yr old agressive dominate dog...it wont turn out pretty. If you have a well rounded dog then GREAT, but continue to re-enforce good behavior so your dog doesn't become 'that dog'.

I own 3 Boxers that are TOTALLY different. I KNOW this. Xander (the oldest of all three and Male) is as laid back as they come. He loves all people and animals and will love on about everything! I can take him ANYWHERE and feel safe that he will be the best behaved dog there. Bailey (the 'middle child' and only Female) is dominate. She can get female agressive so I know not to take her to most public places. My puppy I am still socializing. He is very curious and it sometimes looks like he will become agressive, but others he is a sweetheart like my Xan-Man. I will know his nature as he gets older...for now he gets socialized and corrected for wrong behavior.
i totally agree BoxerMom. every dog is completely agree!

#61 ·
crack!

LuvaBULL said:
I think I remember that story. Or else someone else posted a story about their dog growling at a crackhead on the sidewalk. I vaguely remember something about it..because it got everyone talking about how dogs can sense when someone is "off."
Before moving to a nicer neighborhood I observed my sisters lab/bully mixes barking habits. Her
dogs would 'lose it' when a (obvious) crack head ambled down the road. The crack heads would do strange things like approach the house or bark back. Their 'women' that were on our street pre-scoping cars for break in would try to be nice to our dogs. The dogs knew that something was up and would just vibrate with upset; snarling and barking. Yes, dogs KNOW when something is off about a person.

#62 ·
on a happy note...

Yemi said:
My girl APBT Bella was the most submissive dog I'd ever met. She was adopted at 8 weeks and socailized like crazy, she went to obedience classes, and was always taught to not be dominent EVER. I trusted her COMPLETELY! She was the sweetest, most laid back dog....UNTIL.....she was attacked by another dog. You cannot predict how another dog will react, you DO NOT know how your dog will react when attacked. In my case, this other dog attacked Bella, and she did not bite back.....she laid down and whined/cried and the other dog would NOT LET GO! The other dogs intent was to kill Bella. Nothing I did could stop what was happening......I kicked, I punched, I screamed, I dragged the attacking dog by her hind legs, I tried to talk calmly (like that was gonna work...)... I called 911 for christs sake!!! It was horrible, and it changed my dog forever. She is no longer the sweet trusting girl I brought up....I just can't see taking the risk of allowing her to be brutalized again by another dog just so she can "have fun" at a dog park.
OMG that must have been awful, obviously for your dog, but it must have been terrifying for you. I don't know what I would do if Yemi was attacked like that. I was nearly crying reading that, it must have been so horrible not being able to help your dog. :cry:
On a happy note; I love the picture of Yemi on Molly. I just melted!
*not ignoring the seriousness of the posts' subject topic; just thought of lightening the mood a tad*

#63 ·
I actually have a clause in my puppy contracts that say the owner is NEVER aloud to take the dog to an offlead park and it is explained to them why before hand. If they do it is a breach of contract. Honestly I'd most likely take a pup back if I found out they were doing it. It is not worth the risk to the dog IMO at all. That may sound harsh but that is how I feel.

To those who say ... oh not my dog he/she is so submissive and loves other dogs, well, what would happen if anoher dog attacked them? are you willing to take that chance? Do you know what to do? What if yours decides he/she has had enough and fights back? What if they don't and just get severely injured. Either way the media has a field day if it is a bully breed and will make that dog seem at fault.

I actually went and watched a doggy day care and went to watch at an offlead park and was appauled by the ignorance of the owners , lack of training and lack of control. No matter how good your dog is there will always be someone or multiple people and dogs there that aren't

Also disease wise it is also a risk as not all owners even bother to worm their dogs, clean up after tham or vaccinate

Just some things to think about...

#64 ·
I just recently discovered the joys of fenced in baseball fields. Tons of room and no other dogs. The only downside is that the two entrances are pretty high off the ground so my pooch could crawl under if she really wanted to. It is an ideal place for play dates with other dogs though.

#65 ·
agreed

slid3r said:
I just recently discovered the joys of fenced in baseball fields. Tons of room and no other dogs. The only downside is that the two entrances are pretty high off the ground so my pooch could crawl under if she really wanted to. It is an ideal place for play dates with other dogs though.
that is EXACTLY what I was instructed to do with my boy. A gal I work with breeds, trains, and shows...that is what she does. Fenced baseball fields are the best.

#66 ·
Such bull crap. It all depends on the dog and its aggressiveness. I have a young amstaff/sharpei mix female. And her life would be complete and utter saness without her prized dogpark. She has never even plafully bit nother dog. A lot of the dog owners know Isis and like her very much. She is alwaysone of the most well behaved dogs. Its all about the dogs attitude and how the owners has raised/trained. I saw a lab today that got in a fight! How come labs arent in the same boat? Cause they were bred to retireve and kill game instead of dogs??

#67 ·
acesnkush said:
Such bull crap. It all depends on the dog and its aggressiveness. I have a young amstaff/sharpei mix female. And her life would be complete and utter saness without her prized dogpark. She has never even plafully bit nother dog. A lot of the dog owners know Isis and like her very much. She is alwaysone of the most well behaved dogs. Its all about the dogs attitude and how the owners has raised/trained. I saw a lab today that got in a fight! How come labs arent in the same boat? Cause they were bred to retireve and kill game instead of dogs??
That is wonderful for you and your dog.

#68 ·
Almost every bad incident on this post, is due to another dog attacking a bull dog. Screw that dog that attacks ur dog. That is the dog at fault not the the one being attacked (which happens to be a pit) The dog that attacks other dogs should be banned from the park. I was with my old roomate and his amstaff nesta, when nesta was attacked by two big poodles. Well nesta literally ended up killing one and i broke the other dogs ribs with a kick. THOSE DOGS AND THE OWNER DESERVE IT! WE SHOULDVE PRESSED CHARGES ON HER! She was very nice and understood it was her fault cause she had her dogs off leash on the street! (which she rarles did! so even better when they do go off leash in a neigborhood.) Nesta had to have surgery on right right front leg. We have no sympathy for those ugly poodles or the owner. I have no remorse for irresponsibility. I mean a german shepard would destroy even a pit bull terrier and they are prefectly allowed at parks? even though they were trained to kill jews, attack prisoners, catch convicts, attack humans. Another example on why its all about the owners and how they train there dogs. But yet bull breeds are discriminated against because they were just bred to fight dogs,not kill, attack humans, like some other breed that are perfectly allowed at the park. (rotts, german shepards) Oh and by the way my dog Isis was attacked at runyan canyon (dog hiking park) My dog ran up into my legs for help, and she woulddnt even bark or bite! I WISH SHE DID!! The dog and its owner deserve it! neve

#69 ·
As you noticed, almost every bad incident invovled another dog attacking a bully. I agree it is unfair to have to limit yourself when it is other people who are at fault. Ideally, we wouldn't have to deal with this. However, we do not live in an ideal world. In fact, the world we live in is very often unfair. Though it would be nice if dog friendly APBT and other bullies were given the benefit of the doubt, the honest truth is that they are not. The heat is on, so to speak, and seeking the limelight with a breed with DA characteristics in its history is probably not the best idea ever.

You and your pup were attacked by two dogs. You dog killed one and you beat off the other. The owner was understanding, and your dog got needed medical attention. Tragic, but the problem is that it easily could have been MUCH worse. What if your dog had died? what if you had been hurt? or (and this is far more likely) what if your pup defended itself, killed both dogs, and the other owner was less understanding? I don't like your odds if this went to trial and the only witnesses where on her side, or even none. The jury and the judge are gonna take one look at your muscular dog, and the sobbing girl to your left holding a picture of FiFi and Froo Froo and things don't look good. It will mean a short walk and a needle for your dog and possibly thousands in damages for you. It could add fuel to the fire of BSL in your area.

You mentioned you had no "remorse for irresponsibility". The only ones you are responsible for, and in control of are you and your dog. Is exposing yourself, your pet, and other pet owners like you to possible litigation and breed legislation responsible? You mentioned that your breed was bred to fight other dogs, so you acknowledge the possiblity of DA. Maybe you should work on avoiding those situations?

I believe dog parks are rarely a good idea for any breed. But does a breed/s already under scrutiny need to add more?

#70 ·
well put...

DogSoldier said:
As you noticed, almost every bad incident invovled another dog attacking a bully. I agree it is unfair to have to limit yourself when it is other people who are at fault. Ideally, we wouldn't have to deal with this. However, we do not live in an ideal world. In fact, the world we live in is very often unfair. Though it would be nice if dog friendly APBT and other bullies were given the benefit of the doubt, the honest truth is that they are not. The heat is on, so to speak, and seeking the limelight with a breed with DA characteristics in its history is probably not the best idea ever.

You and your pup were attacked by two dogs. You dog killed one and you beat off the other. The owner was understanding, and your dog got needed medical attention. Tragic, but the problem is that it easily could have been MUCH worse. What if your dog had died? what if you had been hurt? or (and this is far more likely) what if your pup defended itself, killed both dogs, and the other owner was less understanding? I don't like your odds if this went to trial and the only witnesses where on her side, or even none. The jury and the judge are gonna take one look at your muscular dog, and the sobbing girl to your left holding a picture of FiFi and Froo Froo and things don't look good. It will mean a short walk and a needle for your dog and possibly thousands in damages for you. It could add fuel to the fire of BSL in your area.

You mentioned you had no "remorse for irresponsibility". The only ones you are responsible for, and in control of are you and your dog. Is exposing yourself, your pet, and other pet owners like you to possible litigation and breed legislation responsible? You mentioned that your breed was bred to fight other dogs, so you acknowledge the possiblity of DA. Maybe you should work on avoiding those situations?

I believe dog parks are rarely a good idea for any breed. But does a breed/s already under scrutiny need to add more?
very well put.
Some situations are not for all.
If you love your pet you will exercise sound judgement and avoid placing both of you in danger.
No, it isn't fair.
No it isn't right.
But a lot of things in life aren't. Refusing to focus on the 'we can't's and finding some 'we can's for you and your pups is the right thing.
Why is there less joy for a dog running happy-wild on an enclosed baseball field than one in a dog park? There really isnt. Safely socializing your dog in small or one-on-one groups gives plenty of healthy social time.

#71 ·
MY DOGS BOTH LOVE OTHER DOGS AND HAVE NEVER SHOWN DOG AGGRESSION. WE GO TO THE DOG PARK IN THE SUMMER @ LEAST 3 TIMES A WEEK. I DON'T THINK I WILL EVER STOP GOING UNLESS I SEE MY DOGS CHANGE. I HAVE HEARD THAT THAT CHANGES AFTER THE DOG IS MORE THAN A YEAR OLD BUT TURK, MY MALE IS 17 MONTHS AND CAN'T STOP WAVING HIS TAIL WHEN HE SEE'S OTHER DOGS AND NEVER BARKS AT THEM.

#72 ·
wow

Firstly, your keyboard seems stuck on caps. and secondly, that is your choice. You are totally allowed to take your dog, just like I am totally allowed to think that it is asking for trouble. I have already agreed and said that it is rarely the bully breed that starts the fight, though some will end it, but , and here is the catch, most will be blamed for it. But when you dog is injured, injures, or has to be put down due to injuring another dog, i wonder if you will still hold dog parks in such high regard.

#73 ·
Dog soldier. I understand what u are saying. And how am i suppose to avoid those situations?? Lol i was walking my dog on a leash through the neighborhood. Wasnt like it was at the dog park, Kinda hard to avoid that sit when the dogs are running from a yard across the street that is like 50 feet away. I would agree with you if I had my dog off leash/ or at the dog park. And like I said before, there are other breeds that can be just as dangerous as bull breeds. Hell german shepards were bred to hunt down and kill people/animals. Any lab, terrier or hunting dogs are the same way. They have been bred to retreive/kill/hunt animals, including coyotes, foxes etc. Disciminating a breed isnt going to help things. All its going to do make cities, parks and people think that ALL BULLY BREEDS are gonna attack and kill your dos once they see them off a leash. Owners need to set a good examplle for the dog, train them, make them obiedent so they can go to a dog park. That is how people will actually like and appreciate bull breeds instead of being scared of them, because of a story across the country where an abused pit attacked its owners baby. Understandably an overly aggressive dogs no matter what the circumstance shouldnt be allowed at the park, but then again that goes for all breeds. I guess what im trying to say, is discrimiating against the bully breed isnt at all going to accpet them in the dog park community. It is just going to make people more afraid of that dog.

#74 ·
Hell german shepards were bred to hunt down and kill people/animals.
Is this a joke? Please tell me this was another april fools.

I'll give you one guess as to what the GSD was bred for. Perhaps if you spelled the breeds name correctly you would give yourself a clue.

German ShepHERD

Where on earth do people get their information and why do some feel the need to spread it around as gospel? Get your facts straight before you put your fingers to the keyboard! UGHHH

#76 ·
Re: I don't completely agree

jleonar said:
I am from South Carolina where there are TONS of pit bull owners. I assume because dog fighting was and still is pretty popular eventhough it is illegal.

I currently own an AB mixed with a Boston Terrier. The mother was a 60lb tiny johnson AB. The father was a tall 25lb boston terrier. My dog is absolutely awesome. Now I understand that she isn't a purebred AB but if you looked at her, she looks like a mini AB. She is about 45lbs now at 8 months old.

Anyways, she is totally submissive. I demand that. She knows that I am the pack leader. She has also been very well socialized with people and dogs since she was 12 weeks old. We go to the dog park about once a week. I have seen tons of bulldogs, boxers and pitbulls out there. The biggest issues I have seen are herding dogs that want to boss dogs around the park. Lucy does great out there. She knows when dogs are playing and when a dog is fed up with her goofiness.

I have never witnessed a fight out there. I have seen some aggressiveness but I haven't been overly concerned. The worst thing I have seen is a group of dogs that got interested in some idiot who brought a pup out to the park. The puppy dog stepped on by a dog and started whining and tried to run. All the dogs ran with the puppy creating more whining. I had to use my body to block off some of the dogs so the owner could get the puppy away from the dogs prior to bending down to pick it up. Unlike some owners, I keep an eye on my dog and I am within sprinting range of my dog at all times. Lucy is always submissive to other dogs that have shown aggression which pretty much ends everything. A few weeks ago a herding dog decided she wants to back Lucy up and ran at her aggressively. Lucy dropped to her back and let the dog know there was no issue.

It ended there. I understand this article is something written that generalizes things but I believe each owner of any type of dog needs to understand and know their dog intimately. I can look at Lucy at any moment and know what she is getting ready to do. Dogs are NOT complicated animals and if you are their pack leader and they trust you, they have no reason to be dominant over other dogs. I know it is in the nature of pitbulls and AMSTAFFs to be dog aggressive but with proper training it shouldn't be an issue. I certainly don't recommend going out there and not paying attention to your dog. You need to watch your dog and your dog needs to ALWAYS obey your commends.

I am getting ready to get an AB/EB mix puppy. I am not worried in the least about brining him into my home because it is MY home. Lucy does not run the household.

Personaly I believe bull breeds bring stability to the table especially at dog parks. The unstability comes from herding or hype dogs that don't get the proper exercise prior to coming to a dog park. Never do I just show up to the dog park so that Lucy gets exercise. Lucy goes to the dog park after proper exercise. The dog park is there so she can interact with other dogs.
The "yet" in this story, (and I truely hpoe that I am wrong) is the fact that she is only 8 months and no matter the type of "Bully" you have, they do change as they approach 10-16 months. I am sure that you are, just be cauctious if you keep anttending. :|

#252 ·
The "yet" in this story, (and I truely hpoe that I am wrong) is the fact that she is only 8 months and no matter the type of "Bully" you have, they do change as they approach 10-16 months. I am sure that you are, just be cauctious if you keep anttending. :|

It may take a little longer for that to come around. My bully, the dufus clown, is so childish in thought that it took him two years before he hiked his leg and just over three years before I first saw the flicker in his head. He reinforced my visual hallucination by showing aggression and needing a muzzle for the first time at his last yearly at the vet. I didn't need that to know but there it was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.