Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's only been with us 6 days, and he's making great progress. He was pretty unsure of himself when he got here, but he's starting to settle in. He finally regained and appetite, just yesterday. He's learned sit & down, working on wait, and stay. I have to learn some new signs. :wink:
He & Harley continue to adjust each day, he has been very skeptical to say the least. Each day goes a little better. This morning we were outside & they play wrestled nicley together. I stood close, and broke up any overly dominant behavior. It's clear right now that Harley is the stronger of the two, but after proving it to him, she rolled over & showed him her belly.Good dog, Harley. They gave kisses between rounds.
Anyway, she's full of beans, as usual, so we're off for a walk.

·
Super Moderator
16,018 Posts
Good for Harley. She just wants him to know who is boss but still wants to be his friend.
Nothing wrong with that. I see you are still calling him Bully - have you decided to keep his name?

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
I am always happy to hear updates on Bully boy. Glad things are going well between him and Harley. Smooches to them both! :D

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gazar said:
Good for Harley. She just wants him to know who is boss but still wants to be his friend.
Nothing wrong with that. I see you are still calling him Bully - have you decided to keep his name?
:lol: Nope, we're just still deliberating. We still like Neo, Jordan, because he is such a jumper, Chance, ...we're just not sure. We had settled on Jordan (sort of), but I'm not sure it fits him :oops: . If we do use it, we're going to have his blocky collar made in red & black, to signify the Bulls. My husband really likes the name b/c Jordan is his favorite basketball player of all time, & he's a huge sports nut. I suggested it & he loved it, said yeah definately, then the next day I'm like, ahh I don't know... :lol:

And yes, you're exactly right about Harley, and she was really great about it.....but......I'm staying on my toes. Who knows if she'll always be stronger (I doubt it) & he makes a power play every time she tries to play rough with me, which I've always allowed. It brings out the fight in him, big time. I'm thinking it's not such a good idea anymore, but I'm quick to show him that I am in complete control at all times. They absolutely cannot be trusted together alone at this point, so as long as they both see me clearly in the alpha position, we should be good. Either one steps out of line, & I'm quick to uh, assert my authority. :wink: :lol:

I love my dogs. I can't imagine my life without them.

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
I'm always looking for updates on them, too. I'm glad they're doing so well and he's doing well with commands.
JMHO, I don't think Jordan fits him, but that's not up to me to decide. Whatever you go with, I'm sure he'll love it. :wink:

~S

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I HAVE GOT to name this dog :lol: It's been a week...I still like Neo, Jordan, Chance, Clutch,

I just don't know.....

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
nanniesrock said:
I HAVE GOT to name this dog :lol: It's been a week...I still like Neo, Jordan, Chance, Clutch,

I just don't know.....
I like Neo, but where did it come from and what does it mean? Chance is fitting too... Or how about Mojo, in honor of his mama Montana Jo? :wink:

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
BanterBull said:
nanniesrock said:

I just don't know.....
I like Neo, but where did it come from and what does it mean? Chance is fitting too... Or how about Mojo, in honor of his mama Montana Jo? :wink:
MOJO, I LOVE that name.I think it fits him well.Something with his eyes, he has mojo.........LMAO!!!!!

Glad to hear he is doing well and is adjusting to his new home.
I knew as soon as I saw you and your family he was going to the perfect home :wink: :D

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bustersmommy said:
BanterBull said:
nanniesrock said:

I just don't know.....
MOJO, I LOVE that name.I think it fits him well.Something with his eyes, he has mojo.........LMAO!!!!!

Glad to hear he is doing well and is adjusting to his new home.
I knew as soon as I saw you and your family he was going to the perfect home :wink: :D
Thanks Kelly :wink: I love MoJo too, gotta run that one by the hubby. Neo is as everyone guessed from the Matrix. It means he is "The One".

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
I think I heard you mention Neo alot....I'd go with that one!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Oh Neo is HOT!! I love Mr. Reeves..oh uuhh uhmm..Mr Anderson! LMFAO
I like Neo! MoJo is nice too...what a tough one!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts