Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the kids on a little field trip today. Found out there is a better spot nearby, so I will try that next week, but I managed to get a few shots today before my memory card filled up. Grrrr.....

Buster on the hiking trails. He's always three feet in front, barging like a bully, and Sophie's always three feet behind, nose to the ground like the hound she is. :lol:

In the river:

I love this one.

Sophie - my old girl. :love7:

On the way home - tired poochies.

I have to say, though, that it's really SAD when you take your dogs tromping through the river, and they come home CLEANER than when they left! :lol:

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
They are looking GREAT. They look like they had a lot of fun! I would love to hear more about Sophie. How old? Is she a lab? What's her story? :D

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sophie's a lab/pointer mix. She's more pointer, but everyone sees lab when they look at her - but she's a hound at heart; nose to the ground all the time, freeze and point, all that good stuff. She's about 12 years old. I got her when she was two and a half from the humane society. She had spent her entire life in a backyard kennel with NO socialization at all, had had a litter of pups shortly before (don't know what happened to them). She was completely neurotic - afraid of her own shadow. It has taken a lot of work to get her past all of that - lots of obedience classes and a t-touch clinic. She still has some issues, but I know what they are and how to deal with them. She's a good girl, though, and is perfect when we go out in public. This was the first time I've taken them both out at the same time, aside from a walk around the neighborhood. It's hard to hold two leashes and take pictures! :lol:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I love hearing positive rescue stories. We use to have a hound not sure what kind, but she was fairly large. She had followed me around all day and I eventually broke down and gave her some food cause she was skin and bones. She was scared of everything, fast movement, being inside, leashes, people (except me)

We were going to adopt her, but we decided to give her to a rescue since we had money problems and couldn't afford her mange treatment and shots. But she went to a great home so that makes me happy.

Sorry I'm rambling

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Oh yipee!!!! Pictures of Buster Boo doing something other that lounging! LOL :lol: J/K Those are nice pitures. It's great that Sophie still enjoys your outings! :D

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
I have to say, though, that it's really SAD when you take your dogs tromping through the river, and they come home CLEANER than when they left! :lol:
:lol: :lol: Knee buster, almost spit out my coffee.

I love this one.

Me too, it's a framer.

:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts