Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So at about 4am I was woken up by Buster throwing up.I scooped him up and put him outside to go potty and I hoped he would finish getting sick outside.I brought him in after being out there a bit and put him in his crate for the rest of night.I went back to bed after cleaning everything up but I laid there and wondered what had made him get sick especially that time of night when his dinner should of been digested.Well this morning I get up and am getting my oldest ready for school and I am walking past the crate and just happened to look down were I see something long and covered in a brown substance.I bend down to get a closer look and discovered that Buster had eaten my two years olds sock.I couldn't believe it.I am shocked.I have never had any animal eat something like this........A Sock.In the same note I am thrilled he threw it up and it didn't cause a blockage or anything major to him.This must of happened last night when he was running around here hyper as hell and causing havoc but who would of thought he stopped to eat a sock.Well at least he seems better and I now know I need to keep a close eye as to what is laying around these floors.

Well Buster wasn't him self this morning so I was keeping a close eye on the little bugger and while I was running the vacuum I noticed him in his crate eating something that looked like what he threw up this morning.Sure enough he threw up sock number 2 and was attempting to eat it again :shock: I now have a pair :roll:
I sure hope that is it :?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I have had that experience many times...Scarlet is a sock fanatic...I know its real scarey but you have to check the floor constantly...Scarlet gets them from I dont know where...I never see her eating them...I just see them when she pukes them back out or poops them out (with lots of trouble)! It scares me to death everytime I see that she has eaten one...it has happened more then 3 times in her life...Clutch on the other hand could care less for a sock...he just tells Scarlet where he saw it and leaves it for her :wink: ! Just do a walk through a few times a day and check for that...esp since hes still a little pup!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Poor baby. Glad it came out! Chopper had obstruction surgery in December. He ate a Barbie head. :roll: Glad Buster's ok.

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
We keep the doors to the rooms that have laundry(bathroom, bedrooms) shut, and we have our basement blocked off. Haus doesn't get a chance much to get a sock, but when he does I have to chase him to get it back. The things these pups will eat!

I'm glad Buster boy is ok!

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
WOW! Poor Buster...glad he's ok!

The schnauzer we had growing up had to have blockage surgery...the vet handed us a large ziploc bag full of stuff he had pulled out of him ....part of a pair of panties :oops: , an earring, a nylon knee hi, a barbie doll hand, and the toe of one of my mom's shoes. The strangest thing is he ate all of that when he was well past puppyhood (about age 5) and he'd never been a chewer to begin with...guess he wanted to try something new!

Hope Buster sticks to puppy food, treats and dog toys! :)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
OMG

the things these pups do. Its amazing how they survive sometimes. With my pups it use to be rocks and then they would throw them up. But it is scary as hell. I still pick up bolders they dig up in the yeard you have to watch them every min I swear and even then somehow they manage to find something you missed and didn't see them do. You gotta love em

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Kate has ate tons and tons of my underwear. but one time she ate more then I thought. She puked for about a week. Then decided when we were driving to iowa she was going to get super sick. Proceeding to throw up in the car, on my lap, everywhere before finally puking up a whole pair of underwear. It was wonderfun let me tell you

·
Super Moderator
15,988 Posts
So glad he threw them up. Sometimes they don't and it really creates a problem if they get wrapped around inside the intestines. Keeping some mineral oil on hand might be good insurance. Glad he is doing better. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.