Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Neutered and micro chipped tomorrow ( Friday the 11th )
I drop him between 7 am and 8:30 and will pick him up on Saturday.
They keep them over night to keep an eye on the area and to be sure they
dont run a fever and all.Since I worked there I am able to pick up that night but
I am going to wait till Saturday to be sure all goes well.

I am really nervous. Molly had been put under for her ear and all went well but I keep thinking back to my Carmen( RIP lil guy. He was a red pit ) He was only 3-4 months old and needed a cruciate on his leg and he never woke up form the anesthesia. I was heart broken and still miss him so much.I was working there at the time and went on lunch break, I was also 7 months pregnant. Came back from my lunch break and they wouldn't let me in the building. I kept yelling "what is wrong" Finally the doctor came out who did the surgery and brought me in to tell me they tried everything to wake him up,the had several doctors working on him but he just wouldn't wake up. I went into the surgery area to see him lying on the table. I grabbed him and fell to the floor bawling my eyes out. I remember it like it was yesterday and this was what 6 years ago.I had him privately cremated in a box that has his picture and dates on it.He was an awesome pup. Housebroken, sitting and staying on command and giving paw.He learned so fast. Miss that lil guy.

Sorry to ramble.I have all kinds of emotions going on today.I am a mess.Just say a prayer that all goes well with Buster.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
That is really a sad thing to happen to you. My cousin had a pug that had to go under to fix a broken leg and he never woke up either.

Buster Boo will be in my prayers that all goes well.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Kelly said:
Neutered and micro chipped tomorrow ( Friday the 11th )
I drop him between 7 am and 8:30 and will pick him up on Saturday.
They keep them over night to keep an eye on the area and to be sure they
dont run a fever and all.Since I worked there I am able to pick up that night but
I am going to wait till Saturday to be sure all goes well.

I am really nervous. Molly had been put under for her ear and all went well but I keep thinking back to my Carmen( RIP lil guy. He was a red pit ) He was only 3-4 months old and needed a cruciate on his leg and he never woke up form the anesthesia. I was heart broken and still miss him so much.I was working there at the time and went on lunch break, I was also 7 months pregnant. Came back from my lunch break and they wouldn't let me in the building. I kept yelling "what is wrong" Finally the doctor came out who did the surgery and brought me in to tell me they tried everything to wake him up,the had several doctors working on him but he just wouldn't wake up. I went into the surgery area to see him lying on the table. I grabbed him and fell to the floor bawling my eyes out. I remember it like it was yesterday and this was what 6 years ago.I had him privately cremated in a box that has his picture and dates on it.He was an awesome pup. Housebroken, sitting and staying on command and giving paw.He learned so fast. Miss that lil guy.

Sorry to ramble.I have all kinds of emotions going on today.I am a mess.Just say a prayer that all goes well with Buster.
Having had sighthounds for years I understand your concern and it is very valid. Sighthounds are notoriously vulnerable with anesthesia. I always insist on isopropanol as a consequence.

Paula

·
Registered
979 Posts
DUH Isoflorane! Isopropanol - rubbing alcohol would have very little effect as an anesthetic wouldn't it.

Paula

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
He'll be in my thoughts! You too!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Aw Buster will be ok but I will still keep himm in my thoughts. Can't you watch the surgery so that you can be there when they put him to sleep and wake him up? I do that most of the time with my animals. My vet lets me watch and then as he is doing the surgery he explains what is going on . Good luck

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
debs said:
Aw Buster will be ok but I will still keep him in my thoughts. Can't you watch the surgery so that you can be there when they put him to sleep and wake him up? I do that most of the time with my animals. My vet lets me watch and then as he is doing the surgery he explains what is going on . Good luck
Funny that you said that because I was planning on going and being in the surgery room this morning.
Since I use to work there the doctor who is doing the surgery knows me and I was going to ask him but I forgot all about his procedure till yesterday when I looked at the calender and I didn't have time to find a sitter to watch my kids.
I asked a few people there to keep an eye on him for me and give me updates as to what is going on.My nerves are shot today.Poor Buster didn't get his breakfast and was looking for it this morning.I felt so bad.I cant wait to hear something and I just dropped him off......lol I am a Worried mother :?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts