Registered
11,423 Posts
How about you take the pup to a vet? :-k

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Kasco said:
How about you take the pup to a vet? :-k
Agree! You need to have a medical exam with vaccines. There are a lot of things you need to have done with a puppy! There could be a problem with him/her and if you give the shot yourself (which won't work anyway cause they don't ever store them properly and you can't buy rabies) you could kill your pet! Please see a vet or take him/her to a low cost shot clinic. I know PetCo and PetSmart have them a few times a year. Good Luck!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree your puppy needs to see a vet for routine check up, but I do all my dog shots (except rabies) you can buy shots at a local feed store, tractor supply, jeffer's online, foster & smith and many more. Puppy shots are very easy to give there are directions on the box and it is much cheaper. Your puppy needs at least 2 or 3 at 2-3 week intervals, but giving your puppy it's shots is no replacement for proper vet care. Make sure you buy a all around puppy shots that includes everything, they make many different shots you need to make sure you buy a shot that includes all diseases your dog could be exposed to. Your puppy will proabably also need a fecal exam also most puppies have worms at some point in time. Here is a chart http://www.jefferspet.com/ssc/petva...ID=0&mscssid=5EUUXPCD58WW8JX38390XDQHTKM5DPCC
Make sure you do your research when buying puppy shots there are some things puppies do not need to be vaccinated for intill older or may never need at all depending where they travel.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Please be careful buying your vaccines from feedstores and Tractor Supply, they are not always stored properly and make sure to check the expiration dates!!! Vets do exams with vaccines so they know the dog is healthy enough to vaccinate, this is especially important if your pup has never been to the vet before. If you do decide to vaccinate at home, Drs Foster Smith is reputable and they do a fantastic job of packing the vaccines to keep them cool. I have never used Jeffers before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts