Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Whenever I see a website that has no hip scores listed, no ncl results, no evidence that the dogs are worked or shown, the first thing that crosses my mind is backyard breeder.

Anyone can have a website made and anyone can buy a couple dogs and breed them. It doesn't mean the dogs are good and doesn't mean the owners have a good understanding of what an American Bulldog should be.

I think the key to identifying a backyard breeder is understanding what it takes to be a good breeder yourself and to also understand what constitutes a breed worthy animal.

It's easy to be impressed by pretty websites if your own knowledge of a breed isn't very good.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
They have one male and one female that they breed? Take Lisa's advice and stay far, far away. If I had to guess by looking at their website, I'd say it's a BYB with two pet AB's throwing puppies. But, that's JMO.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Believe me I wasn't going to get a pup. I just was curious what was around here and found them. I am not getting a puppy from anywhere for that matter. If we get another dog, it would be a rescue. I don't even know much about breeding but I could tell it wasn't right. The dogs don't even look full AB to me.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
deuce's mommy said:
Believe me I wasn't going to get a pup. I just was curious what was around here and found them. I am not getting a puppy from anywhere for that matter. If we get another dog, it would be a rescue. I don't even know much about breeding but I could tell it wasn't right. The dogs don't even look full AB to me.
I think they could be AB. There are many types of American Bulldogs out there. Some so bully they could almost be mistaken for over sized English bulldogs and some the opposite end of the spectrum that look like oversized pitbulls. Then you have the hybrids that are a combination of both. The American Bulldog is definitely not a cookie cutter breed in terms of type and alot of hog hunters use the more "pit bull" looking type because they want more stamina and agility. Perhaps his dogs come from that type of line?

Check out some of the AB's on this site....some look similar to those in that website you posted.

http://www.whiteknightabs.com/

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
also it looks like they breed their female before she was 2 years of age which means IF they did happen to do health testing, the results meant nothing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts