Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friends dog was got to by his next door neighbours mutt twice while in season on the13 /14th day but as far as he noes they did not tie with each other does this mean that she wont be pregnant as i do not no myself but thought i would ask here. as he defernatly does not want any pups from his bitch as shes just a pet and not a show dog. no this might be a dumb question to some but any help would be much appreciated thanx

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
The dog can release sperm without "knotting up." Yes, she can get pregnant so the best advice to give your friend is to have her spayed.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Yes, it's very possible. The same thing happened to my female boxer and she ended up pregnant...needless to say she was spayed the first chance I got after the litter.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
tell your friend to have her spayed ASAP

my akita mix came into season(we thought she was already spayed) and my dad tied her out front(though i told him not to) and a stray dog got her and we had her spayed a week later

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Pets should be spayed, have your friend contact a spca if he can't afford to fix her.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
AllAmericanPUP said:
tell your friend to have her spayed ASAP

yes you can avoid/abort the pregnancy by having her spayed asap. there may be other ways to abort a pregnancy without spaying (this is done with accidental ties with show dogs) but if she won't be bred in the future, you may as well do it via spay.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Advise him to do a SPAY/Abort NOW. Before another litter is brought onto this earth!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts